My suggestion for Wii...

eskiemong

Eskiemong
Mar 15, 2007
Nevada
Wii Online Code
1699-7356-0266-3132
Even with Wii's ability to play *.mov files in Photo Channel, as everyone knows, it's extremely hard to watch movies with your Nintendo Wii.
If anyone tries to watch movie with Wii, you will go through:

1. "Well... Is it possible to watch a downloaded divx or xvid movie with my Wii?"

2. You google.

3. And find out: YES. ("yay!")

4. "So... How do I do it?"

5. You google.

6. And find out that you have to convert file into right format.

7. "How do I do it?"

8. You google, and download Wii Video..9.

9. You convert the avi file into MPEG.

10. And get surprised by the file size. 700MB to 2GB.

11. You go out and buy 2GB SD card.

12. You try.

13. Well, it doesn't work.

14. You google again.

15. You try convert *.avi file into *.mov with your Quicktime Pro(I struggled again to get Quicktime Pro)

16. And result is: no screen, no sound, just 2GB

17. You google again and again

18. You convert *.avi file into *.mov with another program, and then convert that mov file with Quicktime Pro.

19. Still, huge size. only 1/3 of your movie file fits in 2GB SD card.

20. Finally... IT DOES WORK!

21. But you get disappointed with the quality of the file. You don't feel like watching it...

22. And also you get disappointed because you can't put the whole movie in one SD card.. You'll probably have to go and transfer your remaining half of the movie after watching the first half. You don't feel like watching it even more.

Well.. Does this whole process makes sense to you? This is what I exactly had to go through. I stayed awake 'til 5am in front of computer.
And I had to waste my 80 dollars with SD card and card reader.
So what I suggest is that..

" Nintendo should make a Wii Ware that plays Divx/Xvid movie file! "

It doesn't sound totally impossible for me..
Well, will this dream of mine come true someday?
Because I don't have any knowledge with hardware and software of Wii, so please, if there's any Wii expert here, answer me: is this possible?

Well they have to pay off licences and other junk so it's not TOTALLY easy but I see your point :thumbsup:

I really don't know why wii video 9 doesn't work for me....

Guys the wii wasnt made to watch movies or anything it was made to play games on, buy a dvd player or just watch the videos on your pc. If your that worried about multimedia on a console then buy a 360.

Atleast you didn't come here bugging everyone, asking questions when everything can just easily be googled. :p Go you.

Of course I know that Wii's purpose isn't playing a video.. And I agree that I should buy DVD RW or something.. But just you know, if it is possible, wouldn't it be better? Just my suggestion :)

Back