Need advice from good Captain Falcon players!

Splash_King

The Scrubbiest of Hunters
Jan 25, 2009
Nimbasa City
Wii Online Code
0129-0129-0129-0129
Captain Falcon; he's epicly manly. Meta Knight; he isn't. I'm tired of maining this overused scrub of a character, and I want to start fresh, and who better to freshen up with, than a bottom tier badass.

I want to start playing seriously as Captain Falcon, rather than use him as a joke every match. I'm looking for even the smallest hint of advice as to efficiently and viably play as Falcon, such as what are his good approaches, how to edgeguard effectively, mindgame tricks, his most abusable/good moves, etc. And if you've got the time, perhaps some Falcon dittos, match ups Falcon's at a disadvantage at, etc.

The threads not only about my needs, ofcourse. Feel free to discuss anything Captain Falcon-related here; his stance in the metagame, whether you're good or shite with him, and yes, the usual Craptain Failcon jokes too.

POST NAO!

when i'd face my friend(a Falcon GOD) he'd always use his dash attack to get close before using a small bit of his AAA combo before Kicking through me. and for air, he never bothered with the knee(considering how crappy it is now) instead using a N-air or U-air.

I've heard N-air is a pretty good aerial approach, so I'll try using that more often...

Is SH U-air even an approach? I know it can be pulled off on bigger characters like DK, but otherwise, it's not viable, is it?

Also, another question; Shadow, did your friend use grabs often, or no? And if you remember, what time did he usually grab, if at all? What throw'd he use the most?

Dthrow mostly and it was usually when i dodged his approach. SH Uair, like you said, only really works on the big guys.

Right, right... So I'd assume approaching with a grab is a bad idea. :p Falcon doesn't exactly have the grab range of Meta.

Got an opinion on Falcon Kick? I use it pretty often, but I should probably use it much less as an approach, yeah? Being predictable with Down B is going to get me murdered some time soon, I can imagine.

he usually would kick when close, that way he'd fly past me and dodge whatever counter i was trying.

also don't use →B in mid air often as its not very useful. and don't try spiking with it cause it more often then not, it ends with a miss and you gimp yourself.

Right, so using Down B at a range is probably a lesser option...

I had a lot of experience with self-gimp Side B's in Melee. :lol: I've always kept it in mind. I only use Side B on occasion to get back to the stage, so I won't need to worry about that.

Thanks for all the advice, Shadow. :) Next time I'm on Brawl, I'll try to keep all this in mind, see if it impacts anything.

If you've got any more, I'd be happy to hear it, though. =P

well he's heading out of town for awhile and i haven't faced him in awhile so heading over to his place to see if he's got any new tricks is out of the question.

you know, i think you've faced him before. do you remember if when we brawled i had another player on my end that used Sonic?

*BUMP*

Old thread is old, but the Falconator knows not the bounds of time or space. Are there any brawlers out there with Captain Falcon advice (or players at all...) ?

I'm not a competitive Brawler anymore, but because of that reason, I'd want to improve on the 3rd worst character in the game (yay for tier shifts within 9 months?). Even if people'd be willing to do dittos, I'd be happy. =D

Back