need help, before buying a wii U

beenle1

WiiChat Member
Aug 11, 2013
us

Hi guys. I have never considered buying a wii U but my wii being old and all changed that. I have a few questions that i would greatly appreciate if answered. These are:

1) can any version of the wii U be softmodded?
2) can i play gamecube games on the wii U?
3) is the gigantic wii controller thingy with the screen chargable or does it run on batterys just as the wii remotes do?
4) would i be able to make backups of my wii U games and play them on my wii U just as i played wii backups on my wii?
5)if u had some experience buy wii oneline, could u introduce the website to me?

Thanks everyone. I'm looking for answers to these questions before actually buying the wii U. One of my sole purposes is to be able to softmod and play homebrew and all that and make backups of my games. I would appreciate the help! If you think there is any other info i need to know about the wii U please, let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. I believe so.
2. Don't think so.
3. The GamePad? I think it runs on batteries too. But you can probably just buy a charger, I've seen some around.
4. Don't know.
5. No experience buying things online.

Sorry for not being able to answer all of your questions completely, but I tried.
I don't have a Wii U myself (anymore) so I don't really know much about it. Not so sure.

1. I believe so.
2. Don't think so.
3. The GamePad? I think it runs on batteries too. But you can probably just buy a charger, I've seen some around.
4. Don't know.
5. No experience buying things online.

Sorry for not being able to answer all of your questions completely, but I tried.
I don't have a Wii U myself (anymore) so I don't really know much about it. Not so sure.
hey, it doesn't matter, thank u all the same:lovewii:

1. We can't talk 'bout hax and such things here, so keep a lid on such topics plz.

2. No.

3. It has an internal battery and, as such, recharges via an outlet. The charger that comes with it has a relatively long cord, so if there's an outlet near where you're sittin' you'll easily be able to charge the Gamepad and play at the same time.

4. See answer for 1. But I will give you another answer as well: no. Absolutely not. The Wii was hacked within... uh, perhaps a month or two of bein' released. The Wii U still hasn't been cracked yet, in any way, shape or form. Nintendo has cracked down on pirating by really upping their system's integrity and security. In fact, the 3DS has been just as resilient. Don't expect t' be playin' free games for another few years... if ever. Ninty's newest consoles are not hacker friendly.

5. Bought mine in-store, so nope. Sorry.

1. We can't talk 'bout hax and such things here, so keep a lid on such topics plz.

2. No.

3. It has an internal battery and, as such, recharges via an outlet. The charger that comes with it has a relatively long cord, so if there's an outlet near where you're sittin' you'll easily be able to charge the Gamepad and play at the same time.

4. See answer for 1. But I will give you another answer as well: no. Absolutely not. The Wii was hacked within... uh, perhaps a month or two of bein' released. The Wii U still hasn't been cracked yet, in any way, shape or form. Nintendo has cracked down on pirating by really upping their system's integrity and security. In fact, the 3DS has been just as resilient. Don't expect t' be playin' free games for another few years... if ever. Ninty's newest consoles are not hacker friendly.

5. Bought mine in-store, so nope. Sorry.

thank u so much :tongue:

Back