Need to connect a Wii through a laptop.

vetten1952

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2009
I am currently trying connect my Wii to the internet by connecting it directly to my laptop. The reason for this is because I live in a University dorm which requires me to login to the system with my personal username and password. In order to connect wirelessly I must first open a browser window and provide my login information to the page that appears automatically. In order to connect on a wired connection I must login using a program which has to be installed on the pc I am using to connect to the internet. Because of this I cannot connect the Wii directly to the campus internet because (1) I cannot install software on the Wii that allows me to provide login information on a wired connection and (2) I cannot get to the internet through the browser on the Wii to login because the connection test for the wireless connection always fails since I have not given the login information yet.

The only option for me now is to connect to the internet THROUGH my laptop from my Wii so that I can login through my laptop and the Wii can access the internet from the laptop.

My laptop only has one ethernet port, so my current connection has the LAN adapter connected to the Wii, the ethernet cable plugged in to the LAN adapter at one end and the laptop's ethernet port at the other end, and the laptop is connected to the internet wirelessly and already logged in to the campus internet.

I attempted to simply connect to the internet by having this connection setup but when I run the connection test on the Wii i receive the error code 52021 and am unable to connect to the internet. Is there something that needs to be done on my computer to allow the wii to access the internet or is what I am attempting entirely impossible?

The security software on my PC is Norton 360. I do not know what the campus ISP is, the connection type is cable.

I am running windows 7 on my laptop.

Also, it's important to note that the wifi connections themselves are unsecured. They have no security type such as WEP or WPA. The actual login occurs when you try to connect to a webpage through the browser, at which point you are automatically redirected to a university wireless login page. Access to the internet is restricted for all programs until I am logged in through the browser (for wireless) or the login program (for wired).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I couldn't b bothered to read all that, but what do you mean install software??? all you do is search for the wireless connection of your uni then enter the security password... if you dont know it then Im sure they will give it to you they already have 1000s of student using their wireless connection already im guessing.

They require two different methods for logging in. If you connect wirelessly you login via a browser page. If you login on a wired connection it requires software to verify your login.

Connecting to the internet on my pc isn't the problem. The wireless connection itself has no password, it is unprotected, as I have already stated.

If you had bothered to read any of that then maybe your answer would have been a little more than useless, thanks anyway.

They require two different methods for logging in. If you connect wirelessly you login via a browser page. If you login on a wired connection it requires software to verify your login.

Connecting to the internet on my pc isn't the problem. The wireless connection itself has no password, it is unprotected, as I have already stated.

If you had bothered to read any of that then maybe your answer would have been a little more than useless, thanks anyway.
Im the only person who has even botherd to reply to your thread and its already received 62 views you should be a little more grateful I will not bother to offer anymore advice to you and waste my time when im sure no one actually gives a **** about your problems good luck hope you never get connected :yesnod:

Back