need to decide

xshortyx

WiiChat Member
Jan 5, 2007
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me decide. I am deciding between an xbox 360 and a Wii. Xbox 360 has xbox live and more shootem and sport games which are my favourite. Wii has more entertainemnt value and is a fun console to play with.

Can someone pls help me answer these questions?

1. Does Wii have like and xbox live where you can play online against other people?
2. Does the Wii play DVDs?
3. Can somone please name the good first person shooters on Wii?
4. Is the new wiimote hard to get used to?
5. Can you please name the excellent games on Wii?

Thank you for all your help. PS i am leaning towards a Wii and these questions will make my mind up.
Cheers..

I'll try to answer your questions, but I don't have and have never played a 360.

1. It doesn't have an interface like xbox live, and to date there are no MP games for it. However there WILL be (first one comes out in Jan or Feb), but even then, I think you have to have someone on your contact list to play online with them. I could be wrong here. Someone with a 360 can probably answer this better to your liking.

2. No.

3. There's a few out now: Red Steel, COD3, Far Cry. I personally haven't played any of them, and I've heard reviews go both ways about them. So I guess the only way to tell would be for you to rent/play them yourself. To each his own. I personally am extremely looking forward to metroid, which I'm sure will be kick ass.

4. Not really, and its a wicked controller once you do get used to it. I love the thing.

5. Zelda:TP of course, Wii Sports is actually awesome for multi-player when you have friends/family over. Super Monkey Ball is sweet. Those are the only one's I've played, but I'm sure more people will chime in on this one.

I personally went with the Wii for these reasons:
*The controller, and more importantly the POTENTIAL for the controller. I can only imagine the types of games that are going to come out. And FPS will kick ass with this setup.
*It actually requires you to DO something while playing. So it's good for staying in shape too =)
*The price of course.
*Virtual Console...though I'm still waiting for the best games to be released.
*To me, I see the xbox360 and ps3 as just graphical upgrades to their predecessors. Sure, they have a few more features, but I was looking for a pure gaiming system, and gameplay-wise, they brought nothing new to the table.

Correction on number 2:

It doesn't, YET. It will in the future, Nintendo is acquiring software to be able to play DVDs. There are people that choose to spread the (false) rumor that you'll need to get a new Wii for this. In reality, it will be a firmware update and some new software. The Wii already has a DVD-ROM drive, so don't bring that up XD

1. Does Wii have like and xbox live where you can play online against other people?
NO

2. Does the Wii play DVDs?
NO

3. Can somone please name the good first person shooters on Wii?
NONE SO FAR

4. Is the new wiimote hard to get used to?
NO

5. Can you please name the excellent games on Wii?
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA TWILIGHT PRINCESS

wii has awesome gameplay and graphics are continuously (correct spelling) improving, good games:red steel, zelda, COD3 wii sports is notbad...i have a 360 and graphics are sick. but i like the wii's gameplay

that is very useful 360, i will take that onboard.. cheers

red steel is gd fps guns and sword fighting , its nicly done, but controlls take a time to get use to.

I have a wii and a 360,,, both are equally good...

Good for 360
Graphics are awesome if you have a HD TV, or run it through your PC monitor.
Some games you just cant stop playing.
Easy online gaming

Bad for 360
Online gaming comes at a price (for subscription)
If your broadband provider has clamped down with "fair usage policy" then it meens you could end up paying alot more for bandwidth you didnt even know you were using.
price tag for games + console.

Good for wii
Totally new controller, new way of playing games, not just same old games with better graphics.
Graphics are not that bad.
low price tag.
ANYONE can play it, seriously, have a look around, people have reported that everyone in their house is playing it, even those that have never played games in their life.

Bad for Wii
Small list of decent games (for the time being)
No online gaming (for the time being)
Lots of games are based around minigames.
may find it hard to play a single player game if youv got a big family, cos everyone will want a turn :S

Also, just something i have to bring up. as people were talking about FPS' they are MUCH easier to play on the wii, move with the stick, shoot with the wiimote... simple. you dont have any trouble aiming, or trying to line up a crosshair using two analogue sticks (i hate FPS' on the 360/ps2)

At the end of the day its your decision

Do you want a good family/friends console (this has been proved that every one played on it liked it)get a wii
Do you want graphics get a 360
Do you like Nintendo games get a wii
Do you want a good on line exp get a 360
Do you tire easily get a 360

The Wii FPS games are going to be way cooler than 360, just because playing FPS games with a controller sucks. Using the Wii-mote is like a mouse, only more fun. Easier aiming and it'll just feel more realistic. The 360 has been out a bit longer than the Wii, so of course it will have better games. Don't get me wrong, the 360 is a good console, but you'd have more fun with the Wii.

It has been said but
go wii360

My 2cents.

Currently it is no different then in the past.

if you liked Nintendo 64 better then ps1 or if you liked gamegube better then PS2 or Xbox, then you will like the Wii better then The 360. Nintendo has the history of putting out great games dispite the underpowered systems they release.

The problem with Wii is so far there are no games that could not have been put out on the Gamecube. They all look like Gamecube games The only thing different is the controller. In the future that will change though.

I have both, if I could only have 1 No question, the 360.

The Wii is fun though

Back