New Bomberman (not WiiWare but Wii)

Frog

WiiChat Member
Oct 21, 2007
8-player online deathmatching confirmed!!! I'm definitely buying this!!!
----------------------
Wii Bomberman Detailed
Modes of play, Wiimote controls, and Mii support.
by John Tanaka

March 14, 2008 - UPDATE: We originally reported on this title as the WiiWare version of Bomberman. Based on the information in Famitsu, it turns out that it may just be a standard Wii release, different from the WiiWare version. We've updated the article accordingly.

It's widely regarded as one of the finest multiplayer gaming experiences around, so don't be too surprised to learn that we just can't wait for the next Wii installment of Hudson's Bomberman series. Based off the information revealed in the latest issue of Famitsu, it seems that there's a whole lot worth waiting for.

According to the magazine, the game will have three main modes of play: story mode, battle mode and "My First Bomberman." Story mode consists of thirty-nine stages split into five areas. Your goal is to rescue your system's Miis by beating the bosses at the end of the main areas.

The Miis can also be used as your in-game counterparts, although we're not sure if they'll be appearing on the game field. The screenshots in the magazine show the typical Bomberman cast fighting it out, oval-shaped eyes and all.

Saving your Miis will likely be a neat feature and all, but as with any Bomberman game, battle mode is going to be the main draw here. The Wii version will offer support for eight simultaneous players, with Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection service used for online matches against players throughout the world. The game will also feature online rankings based off points that you earn by winning online battles.

For the beginner bombers, there's the My First Bomberman mode. You'll want to go here to learn the basics of the game through a series of lessons.

Even veteran players may want to try out this latter mode, as the Wii entry in the series adds some new elements to the formula. The game promises new items, include a shield, which protects you from blasts, and a rocket, which lets you fly. The Wiimote is also being put to use, allowing players to release items by simply shaking the controller.

Bomberman will hit the Japanese Wii this June.

Here are scans of the latest Famitsu showing it! Looks exactly like the type of bomberman I have been dreaming about for Wii!

bombermanwii.jpg

Wii-Fi said:
awesome news thank you! anything about using the motion controls?

"Even veteran players may want to try out this latter mode, as the Wii entry in the series adds some new elements to the formula. The game promises new items, include a shield, which protects you from blasts, and a rocket, which lets you fly. The Wiimote is also being put to use, allowing players to release items by simply shaking the controller."

wiisworld.com says its wiiware but hay

i wish they would make it old school style looks though, i mean bomberman live arcade (360) was only bad for graphics/view style imo

madbeanman said:
There is some places saying they dont know if it is disk based or WiiWare.
I actually hope this one is disc-based. This looks 100x better than Bomberman Land which just came out on Wii.

Strange news...it seems unlikely that they'll release two more Bombermen after the just released Bomberman Land. I hope it's just a simple Bomberman with online play on Wiiware...don't really want any extra junk, but I really want some online Bomberman!

I saw Bomberman Land in HMV earlier and as Blizzo says, it seems strange to release that then release a no holds barred online version. Its almost like they've just thought "damn! We've forgotten to add the online content! Lets release anothor before anyone notices!"

The Miis in Bomber man costumes are terrifing..

Back