New channel - Wii health channel

Usbord

Usbord
Apr 23, 2007
Netherlands
A Nintendo distributor has letus know of some new info about the Wii and Health pack that Miyamoto has been teasing us with since the E3 show last year, which appear to suggest the coming of a new Wii Health channel.

Another Nintendo distributor revealed that the Wii Health Channel will have users perform exercises, and "biometric elements" will be gathered and sent to hospitals contracted by Nintendo "via the corresponding channel that will exist in the Wii". Sounds awesome!

I just wanted to let you guys know about it and please leave comments and your opinions on this new channel! :yesnod:

Wow that sounds cool. I thought it was going to be released as another wii game but a channel is just as cool. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

that sounds good. and being a channel sounds even better.

hopefully comes out this year

Not too sure about the "send the data to hospitals."
A set of metrics based on age and body composition could be computerized to let you know stuff like : excercise more, eat less sugar, etc...

I would like an exercise routine tracker. Maybe some additional items to track weight and body metrics. Maybe they can have some sort of body scanning device. Then all of that stuff could be put together and tracked like the Wii Age on Sports.

Since the Wii supports Bluetooth, 3rd party vendors could come up with heart rate monitors, pedometers, and other tracking devices that you could use away from the Wii and have the Wii download the information when you get back.

Oh Great, Am i the only one who thinks this is completly pointless. I mean what does it have to do with Video Gaming which is the Wii's primary use. I think Nintendo is just trying to milk every avenue with the wii. And im more than sad to say that if it keeps happening i wont have a wii for much longer. They need to focus a bit more on the games and stop putting out shovel ware channels.

cannon said:
Oh Great, Am i the only one who thinks this is completly pointless. I mean what does it have to do with Video Gaming which is the Wii's primary use. I think Nintendo is just trying to milk every avenue with the wii. And im more than sad to say that if it keeps happening i wont have a wii for much longer. They need to focus a bit more on the games and stop putting out shovel ware channels.

They want the Wii to be for things other than gaming and personally I think this is a great idea...

I no they want it to be for things other than gaming but somethings are to far, Like i said it seems like they are trying to force anything and everything onto the wii. They are trying to attract every single genre of people into buying the console. Which in one way is smart marketing but for the normal gamer is bad because we have to settle for all this milking thats going on.

I think its a great thing.. this kind of thing along with the 'for everybody' games gives us hardcore ninty gamers something to do while we wait for the big ones.

Sounds like the first practical channel, well done Nintendo if done right!

well, your sort of right, give me a link and id be glad to agree, but..........

this isnt official, its still only a game right now, but the game is said to have the hospital data sending thing. but theres no proof and really no point in this being a whole extra channel too. so close, but no cigar......yet

cannon said:

Actually, if you really think about it, the wii's primary use is NOT for gaming. Its for testing. Nintendo is testing every possible situation with the wii so that the next console can improve upon them. No one has ever stepped into virtual reality like the wii has, so what did you expect? The wii's job IS NOT to become the best console of the generation, its to be a ginnie-pig (sp). They are testing how motion sensing sells, how fitness sells, how channels sell, how mii's sell, how online networking sells and so many more things to come.

The wii is a test-run for wii-2 (uhs, maybe?)

EDIT: I guess I didnt provide anything to the thread, now did I? I for one am VERY excited for this. Although there is a very good chance of multiple problems with a channel like this, it could also be a huge success. Does this mean no game, or is there a possibility of a channel and game? Any word on WHEN? Hopefully next month.

I agree with you that certain things are a test for the wii, Which is fine but what next a channel to show you how to water your garden's. There is a fine line between functional and just pointless releases to bide time. I work in the gaming industry and all we see these goofy channels as is a distraction so that the big N doesnt have to provide excuses on why first party titles keep getting pushed back further and further.

SOUNDS GREAT!
Im trying to be healthier so when I can become fat I wont be :lol:

Back