New Cloverfield Trailer

OK, the spoiler'd pic is just a fan interpretation according to sources from the JJA camp, though they might just be trying to throw people off the trail.

Anyway, the concept is based on some G2 from Slusho, the trailer, a small script segment that got loose, etc., etc.

1390694335_f85169d353_b.jpg

Isnt that Sin from FFX lol and yeah people are starting to speculate its a beetle or crab

Budo said:
Seen this pic a few times.

That's my secret spoiler above :)

The Cetacean angle is coming from there being a TON of references at Slusho (link above) and something JJA said about the Japanese breakdown of Gojira, 'gorira' and 'kujira' (the latter being some of what we see in that pic!).

Plus I'm thinking the same kind of underlying social/political context of contaminating the ocean, altering DNA, etc.

This has been a fun marketing campaign!

i heard someone talk about its a bunch of little monsters that make one big monster or, its a huge monster so that when you shoot it a little piece comes off and turns into a little monster. no idea on the jap. back story or any of that though.

[DT] said:
That's my secret spoiler above :)

The Cetacean angle is coming from there being a TON of references at Slusho (link above) and something JJA said about the Japanese breakdown of Gojira, 'gorira' and 'kujira' (the latter being some of what we see in that pic!).

Plus I'm thinking the same kind of underlying social/political context of contaminating the ocean, altering DNA, etc.

This has been a fun marketing campaign!

Oops, I only clicked the first slusho link, and didn't see the spoiler, heh.

samXcor3 said:
i heard someone talk about its a bunch of little monsters that make one big monster or, its a huge monster so that when you shoot it a little piece comes off and turns into a little monster. no idea on the jap. back story or any of that though.

That seems to be the general consensus - one über monster and a bunch of small ones running around. The picture(s) posted use that concept too.

In the preview there's a shot - behind a sheet of plastic so it's in silhouette, but it's two of something pulling (apart) someone, though it might just be the shadow effect? Some people think it's government guys like in HAZMAT suits?

If it turns out to be a spin on the Cthulhu mythos (also a theory), it could be Big C himself and a bunch of Deep Ones!

how can there be a general consensus the whole project has been kept in secret and no leaks of anything have been released. For all we know it could be anything.

Back