New Games for the week of Nov. 11

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
As per IGN...over 20 new games this week, and some heavy hitters such as Mario, Cruisn, Ray man 2, MOH 2, Godzilla, Tomb Raider, Smarty Pants, RE...lots of decisions to be made this week!

Cars Mater-National - Nov 12 - Cars Mater-National offers fans of the film a fresh adventure set in the super-fueled world of Radiator Springs. The video game features all-new international characters vying for their chance to compete against Lightning McQueen in the First Annual Mater-National Race Festival. Players explore the new and improved open world of Radiator Springs, complete with new tracks, mini-games and more.

Cruis'n - Nov 12 - An all new version of the classic Midway arcade racer, Cruis'n comes exclusively to the Wii. Choose your ride from an impressive lineup of licensed cars and experience a rush of adrenaline as you race opponents through twelve different street circuits using the Wii Remote to steer and perform outrageous stunts. Win races and earn upgrades including: turbos, body kits, neon and nitrous, allowing you to create the ultimate ride.

SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis - Nov 12 - SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis will follow SpongeBob and the rest of the Bikini Gang as they leave Bikini Bottom and journey to the legendary city of Atlantis. Players will discover the treasures of Atlantis, while experiencing new game mechanics and multiplayer features.

Super Mario Galaxy - Nov 12 - As always with any Nintendo game console, the first Super Mario game is one of the defining experiences on the system. Join Mario as he ushers in a new era of video games, defying gravity across all the planets in the galaxy. When some creature escapes into space with Princess Peach, Mario gives chase, exploring bizarre planets all across the galaxy. Since he's in space, Mario can perform mind-bending jumps unlike anything he’s done before. He'll also have a wealth of new moves that are all based around tilting, pointing and shaking the Wii Remote.

Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2008 - Nov 13 - No description...

Geometry Wars: Galaxies - Nov 13 - The Geometry Wars: Galaxies videogame allows players to blast-off on action-paced quests across the galaxy, defending solar systems one by one, defeating waves of alien enemies on new and classic Battle Grids.

For the first time ever, the Geometry Wars videogame will let players battle via hot seat, co-op, simultaneous and versus in multiplayer mode. Those that own both the Nintendo DS and Wii can link the game together using Wi-Fi to unlock bonus content. Elite players will be able to challenge the universe by posting high scores on the Wii’s online leader board.

The Geometry Wars: Galaxies videogame also includes the full version of Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved, winner of IGN’s 2005 Best XBLA Title of The Year.

Godzilla: Unleashed - Nov 13 - Godzilla: Unleashed is a fighting game on a giant scale. The game stars the legendary Godzilla and a slew of the most renowned monsters of all-time. Gamers are challenged to ultimately save the planet from mayhem and destruction. Set in urban arenas, Godzilla: Unleashed's interactive 3D cityscapes, big destructible buildings, soaring skyscrapers and towering alien formations provide the backdrop to epic worldwide destruction. Players will claw, kick, stomp, throw and blast their way through the streets of major world cities in order to claim the ultimate, beastly title: King of the Monsters. In addition to a fully reinvented combat system, Godzilla: Unleashed will feature an innovative non-linear storyline which will allow players to influence how the story unfolds through their choices within battles.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Nov 13 - Created with an advanced version of the engine used for Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend, the gameplay mechanics, artificial intelligence and level puzzles of Tomb Raider: Anniversary are now more refined, in-depth and complex. Now fans can explore the original adventure on a much grander scale, while enjoying the elements which made the original such a success.

Luxor: Pharaoh's Challenge - Nov 13 - No description...

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 - Nov 13 - It's June 6th, 1944, and the war is in your hands. Step into the boots of OSS Operative John Berg and infiltrate Normandy from behind enemy lines to undermine the Nazi regime.Choose to tackle all-new missions in traditional single player campaign or engage in massive, 32-player online, continuous-joining multiplayer battles where you can jump into the battle at any time.

In addition to a full-fledged single player campaign, Medal of Honor Heroes 2 also features an all-new mode designed specifically for the Wii that simplifies gameplay for players of all skills levels for easy pick-up-and-play action. This mode plays like an old-school rail shooter — the Wii moves you around, while you do your part—taking enemies out and achieving objectives. The Wii version also features full support of the Wii Zapper (name not final), allowing for a more immersive WWII action than ever.

Need for Speed ProStreet - Nov 13 - A new spin on the Need for Speed franchise, ProStreet thrusts players into a head-to-head competition against the best street racers in a multitude of racing showdowns. The game is a true taste of raw adrenaline and racing with consequences. Every dent, every scratch and every crumpled body panel is a battle scar, proof of your commitment and competitive mettle. With an aggressive and skilled AI system, you become immersed in an unmatched believable race experience. Add in a revolutionary online mode that will redefine the meaning of competitive social play, and Need for Speed ProStreet is the ultimate formula for an emotionally charged street racing showdown. It also pushes the "Autosculpt" technology to a new level, allowing you to directly impact your car's performance for the first time as well as personalize its appearance.

Petz: Catz 2 - Nov 13 - No description...

Petz: Dogz 2 - Nov 13 - No description...

Petz: Horsez 2 - Nov 13 - No description...

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - Nov 13 - Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords is a unique combination of classic RPG elements and fun puzzle mechanics. Create your own character and venture off in the world, listening to rumors, taking on quests, fighting monsters, and unraveling the mysteries to be found in the world of the Warlords. Designed specifically to entertain both casual and hardcore gamers with its deep immersion, five to fifteen minute play sessions and turn-based play style, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords incorporates strategy, role-playing elements and a persistent storyline in a puzzle board setting.

Set in the Warlords universe, the game challenges players to create, develop and customize the ultimate hero in order to save the land of Etheria from evil Lord Bane. To advance their character, players battle in turn-based, head-to-head "match-three" style puzzle games in one of three distinct gameplay modes. Single-player allows gamers to battle against the AI as they embark on over 150 challenging quests. Instant Action allows gamers to jump in and immediately play continuous battles to level-up characters without participating in quests. Multiplayer allows gamers to battle live opponents -- victory will advance the player's hero, magical arsenal, creature companions and more, ultimately rewarding gamers at nearly every turn.

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 - Nov 13 - Those mischievous bunnies are back! After having invaded the world of Rayman, the insane Rabbids have a new objective: THE INVASION OF PLANET EARTH! They have established their base in a nearby shopping mall and have just begun training for their nastiest scheme yet! As part of their training, the Rabbids must carry out several missions around the globe to prepare themselves for World Domination. Rayman will now attempt to foil their plans by infiltrating their camp as one of them and hopefully stop this insanity!

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles - Nov 13 - The first Resident Evil game for the Wii, Umbrella Chronicles takes place from the first person as your characters move through a fully 3D mansion. This action/shooter hybrid reveals the back story behind the fall of the Umbrella Corporation by exploring locations from past Resident Evil 0, 1, 2 and 3 as well as new never-before-seen locations, such as Umbrella's stronghold. Using the Wiimote, you take aim at enemies and fire away. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles combines first-person, light-gun style combat with interactive pathways, multiple weapons and new enemies to create an entirely new Resident Evil experience that could only be delivered on the Wii.

WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008 - Nov 13 - WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 lets players develop the WWE Superstars of today into the Legends of tomorrow. This edition of the #1 wrestling franchise in the world delivers more depth and strategy with prominent new features, key annual enhancements and incredible graphics while making its much-anticipated debut on three new video game systems. And as the first WWE wrestling game for the Wii, the game allows players to use the unique controls of Nintendo's system to control the masters of the mat. It's time to live the life of a Superstar. How will you play?

Puppy Luv - Nov 14 - No description...

Smarty Pants - Nov 15 - How smart are you? Do you know more than your Grandma about world history? Does your little sister know more than your Dad about sports? Find out in Smarty Pants! Smarty Pants finally levels the playing field for people of all ages, allowing simultaneous play using age-targeted trivia plus action-based gestures, making it a truly trans-generational game made exclusively for the Wii. Tailoring questions to the contestant's age, gamers from eight to eighty can join in on the fun all at the same time. Exciting Wii gestures make everything a game, from spinning the category wheel and tug-of-wars over correct answers, to "dance-offs" for additional points. With both competitive and collaborative game modes and 20,000 questions in multiple categories, the fun is virtually endless!

Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity - Nov 16 - An adventure/RPG based on the 3D animated action-adventure television series, Code Lyoko is about a group of students who uncover a parallel universe called Lyoko inside a super-computer that is threatened by a virus that could destroy the universe. Four ordinary students -- Jeremy, Odd, Ulrich and Yumi -- must help a virtual humanoid creature named "Aelita" to stop rogue computer XANA's latest attack on their real world.

as lame as the this sounds, i really want to get that smarty pants game.

*ahem* But you know, that will come after i get Galaxy and Medal of honor 2 heros.
:lol:

preorder on galaxy and MOH: Heros 2! im super excited...if there was any slightly good point for my xbox to break and get an appendectomy so i have 2 sit on my ass a while....this is it

I was pretty set on getting WWE SD vs. RAW 2008 this next week, but the more I watch videos on Super Mario Galaxy, the more I want it instead. I may go transfer my pre-order from SD vs. RAW to Mario Galaxy. It's looking awesome!

Celestial said:
I just preordered SMG about 5 minutes ago... The only Wii game I'll be getting until SSBB

Same here. First person I've seen in any Wii forums that isn't buying up every single Wii release. What is your reasoning for not getting any other game though?

Reaper25 said:
Same here. First person I've seen in any Wii forums that isn't buying up every single Wii release. What is your reasoning for not getting any other game though?

Not enough money, not interested in any other games reallyy.. and it should last me a while along with other games I've got... you?

Celestial said:
Not enough money, not interested in any other games reallyy.. and it should last me a while along with other games I've got... you?

Just not interested in the lineup of Wii games. After SSBB, it looks like Mario Kart Wii is the only game I'll get, until Nintendo announces other titles.

Reaper25 said:
Just not interested in the lineup of Wii games. After SSBB, it looks like Mario Kart Wii is the only game I'll get, until Nintendo announces other titles.

Yepp, same, games I wanted are Zelda (Maybe), Mario Galaxy, SSBB, and Mario Kart... only Nintendo games I've ever actually liked.

oh man big week huh? REUB SMG MOH:H2 SVR08 GW and yes i use alot of abbreviations lol. But its gonna be a big week for the wii cant wait

I hope that either need for speed or cruis'n are fun to play.

The wii needs some good racing games.

Back