New Halo 3 Map Revealed

Syntax

That Canucks Fan
Dec 27, 2006
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0001
halo-3-20070816054326834-000.jpg

Australia, August 15, 2007 - IGN AU just came out of interviews with Lars Bakken (Multiplayer Designer) and Frank O'Connor (Writing Lead) at Bungie. Straight from Lars, here's the description of the newest map, 'Narrows':

"It's a Forerunner structure. It's embedded in this cliff wall and it's a bridge. Imagine the - if you're familiar with Halo 1 - imagine the bridge from Assault on the Control Room, expanded, and made for multiplayer, so it's got multiple levels and each side has kind of a dug in section, and it's mirrored so on one side of each of the bases there's actually a Man Cannon, and if both sides take it at the same time they'll actually meet in mid-air, which is pretty cool.

"There are multiple areas that you fight over; there are some power weapons in the centre of the map. I'll give you guys a heads-up right now - there's actually a rocket launcher on top and a shotgun on the lowest level dead centre of the map, so when you guys play it tonight you'll have a little extra edge on the competition…"

Link to the article: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/813/813197p1.html

More images are included on the site.

Amazing graphics combined with a rich setting and excellent game-play (past experience), Halo 3 looks like it will come out as a pretty solid, structured game. I'm just waiting to see what the sales will be. Nice find Syntax.

Looks pretty good. The map slightly reminds me of Lockout though for some reason. Moving on.. The only thing I dislike about Halo 3 is that the needlers are now a lot powerful compared to the ones in Halo 2. Basically the new needlers are Halo 3's noob combo... (BR + Plasma Pistol).

Syntax said:
Looks pretty good. The map slightly reminds me of Lockout though for some reason. Moving on.. The only thing I dislike about Halo 3 is that the needlers are now a lot powerful compared to the ones in Halo 2. Basically the new needlers are Halo 3's noob combo... (BR + Plasma Pistol).
they wont be THAT powerful, but they will be useless compared to being useless in halo 1 AND halo 2. + if any gun is too powerful im sure bungie will patch it before we can cry: noob!

While playing the beta version of Halo 3 it only took about one needler to kill someone. However as you mentioned I hope they lower the needlers strength before the game is released.

Syntax said:
I hope they lower the needlers strength before the game is released.
honestly, i NEVER thought i would EVER hear someone say the needler was too powerful :lol:. i cant wait for halo3. comes out 4 days after i start collage lol

im kinda scared..since im not buying halo 3 and getting call of duty 4 in its stead...if/when i do buy halo 3, everyone is already going to know the BXR and all that crap of Halo 3, so im going to have a huge learning curve.. =[

EVIL LINK said:
dUDE YOU GUYS IM GOING TO GET IT WHEN IT FIRST COMES OUT AND BEAT IT 2 DAYS LATER
2? people are going to beat it within the first day it comes out..

yEP PLUS IT HAS aWSOME GRAPHICS SO IT WERETH IT AND ONE SECRECT U HAVE TO FACE A SUPED UP SCARRUB WITH JUST A ROCKET LAUNCHER

Back