New Macs

paintba||er

WiiChat Member
Sep 17, 2006
Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: s
Wii Online Code
8354-0173-2009-5422
What do you guys think of the new iMacs and Minis? I love the new iMacs, they are so sexy that I want to go buy one right now and now I'm not sure if I will get a MacBook Pro or one of these.

gallery-big-05.jpg

Teh droolage :drool:

The Minis look the same, but they have faster Core 2 Duo processors, they both come with DVD writer drives, they come with more RAM stock, and they come with bigger HDDs stock.

Link to the Minis
Link to the iMacs

When were they released? I was and still am planning on getting a imac soon, i'm using a Macbook just now, gonna get leapord.

personally never owned a mac, have never been a big enough fan or had enough interest to go pay for one, they are always so much more expensive for what you get. And proprietary hardware just adds up too fast for me.

Although I have debated trying to get the Mac OS that is installable on certain pc components and partitioning..

The darn keyboard eject button sure annoyed me when having to use one for video post production class though.. And one buttoned mouse lol..

YOu get used to the one buttoned mouse.... well if it's a laptop anyways, never tried a desktop mac.

They were just released earlier today. The new iLife and iWork are out too. I'm also waiting for Leopard to get a new Mac, though I was planning on getting a MacBook Pro, but this certainly changed my mind.

I hate not having a right click too, but Macs can right click now. I just use a mouse with two buttons, and even the Apple mice can right click now. (they only have one button, but it has a touch sensitive surface so it can tell what finger is on the mouse when you click) Even if you don't have a right clicking mouse, you can just ctrl click.

Damn, I can't wait to go screw with one of these at the Apple store.....

awdawg said:
personally never owned a mac, have never been a big enough fan or had enough interest to go pay for one, they are always so much more expensive for what you get. And proprietary hardware just adds up too fast for me.

Although I have debated trying to get the Mac OS that is installable on certain pc components and partitioning..

The darn keyboard eject button sure annoyed me when having to use one for video post production class though.. And one buttoned mouse lol..
matching the specs of a mac to well known brands often leads to the prices being nearly the same, taking into account software as well as hardware.

An OS X edition installable on certain PC components? well it is possible to install OS X on any computer, but against the T & C which is breaking a contract of law :)
The one mouse button is old now, i used to use that and it is annoying but of course you did have a right click but had to hold ctrl to use it. of course you can plug any mouse into your mac and get left and right click if you so wish...

i actually went down to the apple store on 5th when they released them, and they didn't have any of the new stuff in stock :( but i did get apple TV :)

I spent two hours screwing with the new iMacs, iLife 08, iWork 08, and the iPhones yesterday. I would have stayed longer, but one of the geniuses got pissed off because I was on them so long. They are all ****ing amazing though. I'm not sure if I like how they are moving away from the simplistic white designs though. But besides that they are excellent. I can't wait for Leopard so I can pick one up.
Mmmm, 2.8 Core 2 Extreme. :drool:

^wow, paintballer when i though u couldn't go any lower, boy was i wrong u are drooling over a computer! i wonder if u r going to have a orgasm over it.
EDIT!
****! look at the mac pro desktop comp!

*up to 3tb of hdd
*Up to 16GB RAM
*Quad-core or 8-core, all Xeon
AND MORE!

Link
THAT IS ****ING MAD!:drool: :eek: :eek: :scared: :scared: :yikes:

Last edited:
MysticGohan said:
look at the mac pro desktop comp!

*up to 3tb of hdd
*Up to 16GB RAM
*Quad-core or 8-core, all Xeon
AND MORE!

Link
THAT IS ****ING MAD!:drool: :eek: :eek: :scared: :scared: :yikes:
yes mad, also old, and very expensive.
only really for extream graphics and video design.

My Mac mouse can right click. :D

My iMac is reasonably new, so there's no way I'll be upgrading. I might get the new wireless keyboard though, it looks hella good.

Check it.

AndThen? said:
My Mac mouse can right click. :D

My iMac is reasonably new, so there's no way I'll be upgrading. I might get the new wireless keyboard though, it looks hella good.

Check it.
I don't like how the wireless keyboard doesn't have the numpad, or anything else on the right side of the keyboard. I will get it anyway when I get a iMac, but I wish it had a full keyboard. :(

paintba||er said:

I don't like how the wireless keyboard doesn't have the numpad, or anything else on the right side of the keyboard. I will get it anyway when I get a iMac, but I wish it had a full keyboard. :(
just get the wired one, has everything the old keyboard had + two usb ports.

paintba||er said:

Oh yeah... I hadn't noticed that. Maybe I should stick with the wireless I've got now.

Back