new to the wii a few online questions

ls1ssws6

WiiChat Member
Nov 5, 2007
sorry if this has been answered before im new and just want to get a few answers....i just bought my girlfriend the wii and a linksys wireless router...i hooked up the router and wii to her tv and we have both played and love it! we only have the wii spoorts that it came with and the other game with like 9 games i forget the name theres bullriding and some others, and i bought her big brain academy....

now heres my questions....she loves the bnowling on wii sports and i told her there is probably a way to play online against other people....is there a way to play the wii sports bowling online? if not are there other bowling games that can be played against people online?

also i kinda like the tennis and such, is there any tennis games i can play others online? and is there something on the game cases that tell you if they are available for online play sort of like the xbox says xbox live etc?

and how exactly do i get to these players online? i mean is there a lobby where i meet to play certain games?

sorry for all the questions....thanks guys

:yikes: ok , firstly . WELCOME TO THE FORUM

u cant play wii sports online and there isnt yet online tennis or bowling games

some online games have a wifi icon on the box but not all

google search for a list of the online capable games
there aint many yet

el-zilcho said:
:yikes: ok , firstly . WELCOME TO THE FORUM

u cant play wii sports online and there isnt yet online tennis or bowling games

some online games have a wifi icon on the box but not all

google search for a list of the online capable games
there aint many yet

do you think in the near future nintendo will bring more titles online?

ls1ssws6 said:
do you think in the near future nintendo will bring more titles online?

More and more online-playable games are coming out all the time.

It's unlikely they will go back and add online functionality to previously released games though.

Welcome,
You can't play any Wii Sports games online (tennis, bowling, golf, boxing, or baseball). There are games with online play available, and they are recognizable by the Blue Wi-Fi Circle in the Upper Left-hand Corner. The Nintendo Wi-Fi (online) games available are Pokemon Battle Revolution, Mario Strikers: Charged, and Battalion Wars 2. Madden '08 also has online play, but it is through EA's online service. There may be some others, but those are the one's I'm sure of. The in-game menu will have a "Nintendo WFC" option, which takes you to the lobby.

Back