New User - how connect to Wall Mounted TV?

wpbman

WiiChat Member
Dec 16, 2007
I have a wall mounted TV with the cables snaked back through the all

I have cable, DVD and TIVO. The TV has the ability for another input but my problem is the connection jacks are on the back of the TV and its wall mounted.

Is there any connector adaptor (etc) which I can use for my say DVD player connection and just use that? We could switch between Dvd and WII when needed.

Otherwise, I think I have to take the TV off the wall, snake the WII connection and remount - bit of a pain so wanted to see if there is any easier way??

depending on what the dvd player/cable box/tivo has on it, you can plug it into the "INPUT" or "A/V IN" or "Video IN" plugs on them.

try plugging it into the dvd player input (if it has one)
set the tv to dvd player
set the dvd player to "input device"

every dvd player, tv, cable box is different. so there's probably more to it than to find the input or video button on the remote.

they also make switches that you can push a button and switch back and forth. $20 US
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=801888

your tv may have the jacks coming off of the side of it, thats how I currently have my wii plugged into my lg 50" plasma

Thanks!

Thanks guys - I a techno newbie so very helpful

Connecting Wii to Wall Mounted TV

1) My wall-mounted TV has RCA connections in the back, not side, which makes them impossible to reach while the TV is mounted.

2) All cables/wires are threaded thru the living room wall and connected to the cable box, DVD player & VCR in the adjoining office.

3) Since the Wii Sensor Bar must be connected to the Wii console & placed above or below the TV, I can't connect the console to the video equipment in the adjoining room.

4) Is there any solution other than taking the TV off the wall to connect the Wii console & sensor bar?

Thanks !

tv.jpeg

I got an email saying that Suntor replied to my post -- but I don't see anything. Suntor -- Are you out there?

A certain "suntor" was nothing more than a spam bot whom, unfortunately, didn't have an answer to your question. Sorry t' say.

Back