News Channel Help

Lord Kram

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2006
Wii Online Code
2759-7546-3711-0996
Hey guys
Im having trouble accessing the news channel at the moment.
When I 1st set up my Wii, I went through everything OK, and did a full system update (which it forced before I could start anything) and then when I went to the menu I could see the forcast channel and news channel along with mii's and shop channel.
Now the weather forcast works with no problem whatsover, but when I try to access the News channel, it says your wii must update before you can use this channel.
I click on "Start Update" in the bottom right, it goes to the update page with "testing connection" starts the connection and it looks like it starts a system update, but then stops and tells me my system is upto date already.
If I try the news channel again, I get the same problem
Any ideas anyone?

Ah, that explains it then!
Its a bit weird though them having the option in the channel especially if its not active yet

Lord Kram said:
Hey guys
Im having trouble accessing the news channel at the moment.
When I 1st set up my Wii, I went through everything OK, and did a full system update (which it forced before I could start anything) and then when I went to the menu I could see the forcast channel and news channel along with mii's and shop channel.
Now the weather forcast works with no problem whatsover, but when I try to access the News channel, it says your wii must update before you can use this channel.
I click on "Start Update" in the bottom right, it goes to the update page with "testing connection" starts the connection and it looks like it starts a system update, but then stops and tells me my system is upto date already.
If I try the news channel again, I get the same problem
Any ideas anyone?

Your problem is that your a stupid idiot who doesn't realize the news channel hasn't been activated yet. You would have looks so stupid if you had searched first.

aab11e53-search-jpg.jpg

Back