Nintendo announces the 2DS

The_Mitch

UNACCEPTABLE
Jul 13, 2006
Milford Ohio
Wii Online Code
2025-2025-2025-2025
So Nintendo has announced the Nintendo 2DS. It is like the 3DS but the design is different and does NOT display 3D. It can play all 3DS games though.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/28/nintendo-announces-2ds

2ds-610x486.jpg

It's aimed at children and people who want a cheaper option and don't care about 3D. It is $129 USD so people who want the "next gen" handheld have a cheaper option and it doesn't have a hinge for younger children to break or the 3D to hurt their still development eyes. I think it is a good idea but I personally do not like the design.

Its cheaper to buy a s/h 3DS

I'll wait for the 2DS XL

It's nice that they give u options to choose from...I'm still saving up for the 3ds tho, I wanna play the 3ds games at their full value. ^.^

Who wouldn't? And even if you don't want to at the time, with a 3DS you can always change your mind. 3D Depth Slider.

The 2DS is literally just a 3DS that can play 3DS games, without the 3D. I think that defeats the point of the games. Not getting it.

3D is an unimportant gimmick, and the 3DS ain't worse off without it in any way. As such, Ninty is offerin' a discounted 3DS which gets it's price decrease from the removed 3D stuff. I'd imagine the top screen is a big heft'a the price cut.

The only thing bad 'bout the 2DS is the fact it doesn't bloody fold. Whoever decided on that design choice is an idiot.

Back