Nintendo confirms new console for E3 2011/Wii 2 controller leaked?

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
That was quick. Nintendo Japan has just confirmed earlier tonight that they are indeed coming out with a new console by 2012.

Add to that, they also confirmed that it will be coming over to this year's E3, up and running and definitely playable for people to see, apart from making the official unveiling.

So far, it's being dubbed as Project Cafe, and is being touted as a console that will be "significantly more powerful" than the current Xbox 360 and PS3 models.

Nintendo's been pretty secretive about it, understandably, but other tidbits that have been circulating the speculations block is that there will be a 6-inch touch screen display, dual analog sticks, and direct-from-console-stream capabilities among others.

If their claims prove to be true, then this just might put Nintendo right back in the consoles race. This is what the fans and critics alike are all waiiting for. It's time to burst that bubble, Nintendo, and show what you can actually still do.

Via IGN

Nintendo's world sure is a busy one right now, isn't it? After confirming their Wii 2 console literally just hours earlier, we now have this image of what is supposedly the controller for it.

wii-cafe_pad-1.jpg

It's obviously a mock-up of sorts, but from the images, it looks like a handheld on its own. Is that actually a screen in the middle of the control pads? Apparently, supposedly, it is.

As to what it could be for, I can only think of it being used in the same manner as the iPod/iPad wherein controls are confirmed via the touchscreen. I am also picturing a whole lot of other buttons to be present in that touchscreen, depending on the requirements of the game.

But again, these are all speculations, and what do you know. E3 just can't come soon enough this year, wouldn't you agree?

Via Gaming Bolt

That controller looks nifty but awkward to use for shooter, i hope there is a second controller, or at least classic controller support. But hopefully that really is a first draft.

For their sake, if they want to regain the consumers they've already lost because of the Wii (I as one lost consumer), creating a new system powerful than 360 and PS3 may give them an edge. Granted, only if MS and Sony don't choose to throw down against the their next system thats more advanced (That is if only they don't change their minds on keeping their current gen systems). However, it wasn't the system that lost me, it was the software that did made me give it up. I do like the look of 3DS, however, it will disappoint me again when they're hardly any games available that are good.

For their sake, if they want to regain the consumers they've already lost because of the Wii (I as one lost consumer), creating a new system powerful than 360 and PS3 may give them an edge. Granted, only if MS and Sony don't choose to throw down against the their next system thats more advanced (That is if only they don't change their minds on keeping their current gen systems). However, it wasn't the system that lost me, it was the software that did made me give it up. I do like the look of 3DS, however, it will disappoint me again when they're hardly any games available that are good.

The 3DS has 2 games that would be enough for me to buy it: Paper Mario 3DS and MK3DS, along with a new animal crossing which I may get, not to mention a new Street Fighter.

Back