Nintendo is ticking me off !

LLBChamp

tha champ of vg's
Dec 11, 2006
phoenix
Wii Online Code
2225-1835-1232-9988
Nintendo is ticking me off im not sure about anybody else but i know im really gettin fed up with there kiddy image that wont break. there too laid back and in the end its gona bite some1 in the butt. they want what the parents want not the actual gamers. (gamers people who actually play the games)throwing out these stupid party games. at least they are trying by giving us a few good titles like godfather, scarface, and even ssx was a gamers game. and those are just ported titles that has been out for months already nothin great, not counting ssx. plus there lack of online is sucky the first online game is pokemon which is also sucky (pokemon who cares). and there only chance to shake that image was manhunt and nintendo them selves said no AO GAMES. question why do we have an ao rating thats not used for adults like myself. and the AO rating states
ADULTS ONLY
Titles rated AO (Adults Only) have content that should only be played by persons 18 years and older. Titles in this category may include prolonged scenes of intense violence and/or graphic sexual content and nudity.
i assume if your gonna buy an AO rated game a person should show id. i don't see why its such a problem. if your the dumb parent who phisically sees that the title has a big AO rating a buys it for there kid is an idiot. if the big n ever puts out an ao game i will bow down to them. but for now the wii is a big thing and if it keeps up the crap i dont think people are going to care for wii be cause of the image they give off im already feeling that way i almost dont want to play it. and i hope game companies arent afraid to put good content on there games just cause of what happend to manhunt. the should infact start making more AO games to show them what gamers want. (u kno gamers the people who actually play the games) and overun the ESRB with so many Ao titles nintendo will have no choice but to allow a few or go wit the dinos and stay kiddy. im sorry i love nintendo but there just ticking me off

I think Manhunt is an isolated case (I don't agree with its banning). As you say theres Godfather, Scarface, theres going to be RE:4, RE:UC, Driver and Medal Of Honor etc. So its not all kids/party image.

its not nintendos fualt. its 360/ps3 fanboys that gave the wii that image. nintendo have released many many adult games, and will continue to do so. RE:4, RE:UC, Godfather, Scarface, Manhunt 2, Sadness, No more heroes, soul calibur legends, call for heroes pompolic wars, and many many more.

Its not nintendo.

So you want all games to be AO? Thats not very friendly to the up coming generations is it...

Also, Sony have also stated they will not rlease Manhunt 2 with an AO rating..zOMG THEY R Teh KiDdIESZ

And Pokemon is one of the best seling franchises ever so..yeah people care..

Well, personally I just ignore all those childish games, ( all the movie games ) and what not, and I just focus on the other games that I find interesting.
I honestly don't see the wii as a kiddie console. The wii appeals to many people, and there is different kinds of games out and coming out that may or may not change some appeals. Maybe the wii just isn't your system?

it really does have to appeal to an older audience, with a game like gears of war wii style

I'm "grown up" and hate Gears though.

Jay61 said:
So you want all games to be AO? Thats not very friendly to the up coming generations is it...

And Pokemon is one of the best seling franchises ever so..yeah people care..
Jay61 said:
i didnt say all games should be Ao i Said they should release more of them
and children/perents care for pokemon and the only reason another gamer would play it is cuz its online big deal i would have rather had strikers

Oooooooh your not in Europe. Now I see why you have your panties in a bunch.

Ah well happy complaining :lol: [/Plays strikers]

of course what about the parental guides in the system to stop them from playing games the parents dont want they should think about that b4 banning a game. nintendo has an internet browser thats way worse. nintendos not makin sense. like i said b4 i love nintedo there just pissing me off

Personally, I think that butt biting isn't kiddy at all. But y'know.

Back to the point, I disagree with your opinions because you haven't given us any examples.

I think you're passing the wrong judgment, there's some people who want more games that are, crap, to be quite frank, games like Grand Theft Auto do not appeal to me in any sense. Who do games 18+ appeal to exactly? Do you have fun virtually demolishing a virtual world that will repair again and again? This is a monotonous sense of gaming, I hate it.

Nintendo offer variety in their games and a lot of them are actually quite difficult. Zelda is not a kiddy game, at all, it had a 7+ rating because there isn't exactly any gore in the game, and if there were, this would reduce it's aesthetic appeal and with many many villains around you're obviously going to have a red splattered screen. Do you really think that a kid could navigate their way all the way through those dungeons? No, of course not, these games involve some sort of thinking.

Manhunt was banned for a reason, and I really like the fact that Manhunt was banned because back in the Manhunt era when I was little all the kids would be out playing it, and destroying our grounds, and injuring themselves. It's inevitable that 18+ games will seep into the minds of children, with all the underage smoking and drinking these days it's bound to happen. They just have no idea how this could influence them and they may get it through peer pressure.

Parents have no idea what games are about, well, most of them, they obviously don't think that anything on a screen could affect their child in any way, it just gives them a bit of peace and quiet. They should read a bit more into games that they wish to buy their children.

Nintendo are getting by with their online play, it will soon come in to place where everyone will be connected to the internet facing eachother on Smash Bros Brawl. But until that day there's still some developing issues. You obviously have no consideration on how long it takes to set up online play within a game, think of all the things you have to do, it's basically re-designing the game all over again.

And as for their use of friend codes, I think that this is a good thing as well, I'm sorry if you want game developers that don't want to make the world a better place.

Frogger said:
Personally, I think that butt biting isn't kiddy at all. But y'know.

Back to the point, I disagree with your opinions because you haven't given us any examples.

I think you're passing the wrong judgment, there's some people who want more games that are, crap, to be quite frank, games like Grand Theft Auto do not appeal to me in any sense. Who do games 18+ appeal to exactly? Do you have fun virtually demolishing a virtual world that will repair again and again? This is a monotonous sense of gaming, I hate it.

Nintendo offer variety in their games and a lot of them are actually quite difficult. Zelda is not a kiddy game, at all, it had a 7+ rating because there isn't exactly any gore in the game, and if there were, this would reduce it's aesthetic appeal and with many many villains around you're obviously going to have a red splattered screen. Do you really think that a kid could navigate their way all the way through those dungeons? No, of course not, these games involve some sort of thinking.

Manhunt was banned for a reason, and I really like the fact that Manhunt was banned because back in the Manhunt era when I was little all the kids would be out playing it, and destroying our grounds, and injuring themselves. It's inevitable that 18+ games will seep into the minds of children, with all the underage smoking and drinking these days it's bound to happen. They just have no idea how this could influence them and they may get it through peer pressure.

Parents have no idea what games are about, well, most of them, they obviously don't think that anything on a screen could affect their child in any way, it just gives them a bit of peace and quiet. They should read a bit more into games that they wish to buy their children.

Nintendo are getting by with their online play, it will soon come in to place where everyone will be connected to the internet facing eachother on Smash Bros Brawl. But until that day there's still some developing issues. You obviously have no consideration on how long it takes to set up online play within a game, think of all the things you have to do, it's basically re-designing the game all over again.

And as for their use of friend codes, I think that this is a good thing as well, I'm sorry if you want game developers that don't want to make the world a better place.

If a kid can't tell the difference between a game and real life, they already have problems. If they are stupid enough to go out and kill someone, they probably would've ended up doing it sometime anyway.

Censorship = Bad

i personally think that whoever thought up the name "Wii" was an idiot. Half of my friends think the system is gay just because of the name. Really, its quite a kiddie name. Revolution would've been much cooler.

Back