Nintendo: Wii Hard Drive Just A Rumour

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
A Nintendo of Europe Spokesperson has today spoke out over the recent murmurs of an external Wii hard drive labelling the reports "pure rumour and speculation".

The rumours emerged after Japanese gaming magazine Gamelabo claimed that Nintendo Japan executives had held a special meeting recently to discuss the addition of a new hard drive.

Nintendo did however confirm a new headset for the DS is in production. The headset will allow players to take part in online voice chats and is due to go on sale alongside Pokémon Diamond and Pearl in the US next month.

A European release date for the DS peripheral has not yet been confirmed.

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23590

The Head sets out (in the US at least) and I wish they'd make a hardrive for the Wii so I could buy more VC games.

just get some SD disk while you wait i picked up a few 2 gig cards for like 25 bucks each at staples a month back... more than enough memory for the VC games... and i can use it in everything else i have too... although the headsets a cool thing hopefully it will work its way onto the wii as well when online goes up...

wezeles said:
just get some SD disk while you wait i picked up a few 2 gig cards for like 25 bucks each at staples a month back... more than enough memory for the VC games... and i can use it in everything else i have too... although the headsets a cool thing hopefully it will work its way onto the wii as well when online goes up...

on ebay you can get good sd cards real cheap...

so wait.....are they saying that nintendo having a meeting about adding an external hard drive is a rumor, or the possibility that one is coming out in the future a rumor?

A headset for the Wii would be great!!! Surely they will eventually make a hard drive as well as there seems too much money to be made on it, people have been talking about it for awhile.

You can play games from SD cards and you cant even download the game into a SD card so they suck.

I'm only getting the great ones so I don't mind but they do need a Wii headset and some more memory

Nintendo might not be releasing an external hardrive but 3rd party companies are very interested in doing this along with an external dvd drive.

Back