No More MGS3 Online

sagema

3D Artist
Dec 5, 2006
NY
Wii Online Code
4496-9128-1304-3457
April 2nd Metal Gear Solid 3 online servers are closing. My question is... If Sony gets MGS4 for the PS3, will they do the same? I don't understand why Sony would allow such a great game to go offline. Hackers have been on the decline, the game is becoming fun again, then they announce this. Thoughts?

Well, I suppose since they're not charging for use of their servers, they have to cut off use of online services at some point in time, then reallocate that manpower/resources to other projects (MGS4 I suppose).

Probably saw that they're probably not going to sell [many] more MGS3 games so they're free to strip away extra features that would be a selling point of the game.

Many of the fee based games are going to see a price hike April 2nd. Station pass, Planet Side and scores of other Sony PC games will see price hikes of $2-$5 in the new monthly fees. So basically Sony is punishing last gen gamers by making them flip the bill for the PS3's massive profit loss.

WTF that was the biggest thing about that game....now its worthless...well after you beat it in like 12 hours!
I use to play on MGS3 subsistence online all the time....its a really really fun game...but WHY WHY WHY! FOOLISH SONY!

sagema said:
Many of the fee based games are going to see a price hike April 2nd. Station pass, Planet Side and scores of other Sony PC games will see price hikes of $2-$5 in the new monthly fees. So basically Sony is punishing last gen gamers by making them flip the bill for the PS3's massive profit loss.

Well Planetside originally had a monthly fee of $15....but it got such a bad turnout that they actually had to make it free.

SOE seems completely unrelated to PS3 costs I would imagine. They may be the same company in some parts of their name but they're completely different departments, and smart companies would usually try to let them stay that way. If one project is failing the developers in that department should work on getting revenue back up, not drag everyone else down with them.

I would imagine SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) is trying to up the bill because they've had quite a handful of projects fall short of the popularity they expected (what a trend here). EQ2 got outshined by far, Planetside had to provide free internet and they're fronting a bill once again, etc. The competition in their field is high right now. If SOE is actually providing the internet for MGS3 (I don't have it), then...whoops...my bad, but it would only render some of my points invalid :)

MysticGohan said:
as much as i hate to say it... sony is off course.... if they dont get back on the track they will stop... in plane English they will Die!

*Plain. Oh, the irony ;)

Edit: Err, my bad for the double post.

Yeah I just dont get it.....one minute Sony is on top the next minute...SONY IS AT THE BOTTOM! I just dont understand why they dont THINK for once! Get your act together you BASTARD COMPANY

I just played some sneaking missions tonight. It will suck when I can no longer play this game online. It's more than a coincidence that Sony is price hiking on the same day they are closing some PS2 online games. I hope they don't mess with Resident Evil Outbreak1-2. Another unique and fun online game series for RE fans.

This applies to PS3 users too. No more MGS3 online. Even if you own a PS3.

Also the new one on the PSP comes out in april (UK), what f they do the same to this one? thats STUPID.

Back