No taskbar at the bottom of screen!!!Need help please!!!

arogeek

Got Wii???
Dec 7, 2007
IDK, possibly Wiiville.
I need help badly!!!!!!!At the bottom of the screen there is no "start,quick launch, minimised stuff and the date and time" I'm not sure what to call this tool bar but it is the standard bar at the bottom of the screen on all windows computers. (i have a windows XP by the way) If anybody knows how to get my toolbar back, please tell me!!!

>>>this thing>>>
Bliss_small.jpg
<<<this thing<<<

And again, if you know any thing about his please help.Thanks!!!!!!

I know "big" macs are my friend................

dakuda, thanks for the adivice but there is no cursor thingy or thing to pull up. It's completly gone.

Ctrl + Alt + Delete --> Task Manager --> File --> New Task (Run)

Type into the box 'explorer.exe' (without the '')

Click OK

Profit?

damn that happened to me before, i couldnt figure it out...so wat i did was go to ur system restore and go to a day that u remeber ur task bar was there.

i0n said:

Click OK

Profit?

Exactly. The UI you see - like most OS's - is just another app [for all intents and purposes] - so if it goes down, you can run another instance of it.

explorer is the windows UI (not to be confused with iexplorer the browser).

You can also logout from the Task Manager or Shut Down if you just want to reboot the machine a little more cleanly that just powering down.

I've got a weird behavior on this one specific VPN/client combo that munches explorer if I go full screen (thank you DoD) - I just do like ion recommended, and my machine doesn't miss a beat afterwards.

i0n said:

Click OK

Profit?

thanks but, no thanks. that took me to documents, am i missing somthing???

261311 said:
Could we have a screenshot of what you're dealing with? Maybe we could help you better

here.

nintendo_yellow3d.jpg

but bigger. no small thin gray bar to pull up at the bottom, just..... nothing.

bliss said:
that happened to me before, i couldnt figure it out...so wat i did was go to ur system restore and go to a day that u remeber ur task bar was there

did that, nothing. kept going back, nothing still. 2nd day i got this computer, NOTHING!!!!!!! thanks anyway.

it came back one time i restarted the computer but went away next time i got on. i unpluged my whole system for like 20 min. turned it on, squat!! restart, nothing. restart, nothing. restart, nothing. turn off, wait, turn on, nothing.

i am out of ideas. thanks anyway.

Sounds like your computer might have a virus

Mine kept sayin "Windows exploer has develpoed a problem and some other stuff I can tremember"
Damn p2p sites

Last edited:
[DT] said:
Exactly. The UI you see - like most OS's - is just another app [for all intents and purposes] - so if it goes down, you can run another instance of it.
That will only work if there is something wrong with the first instance, if someone has played with the settings (e.g. someone has played with the settings, and placed the taskbar at the top or sides of the screen and made it hide when not in use)

so what i suggest is try moving the cursor to each 4 sides of the screen and see if it appears.

Back