No way to send feedback to Nintendo?

strommsarnac

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2006
USA, Central Ohio
So as I posted, I'm upset about being forced to use AAC when I was told I would have MP3 use.

I went to Nintendo's website and tried to find some way to ask about the change. Hmm, I can't find any. No forums, no "general" comment form, nothing that I can see which will get my question to anyone.

I've got to be missing the obvious here. Am I? If so, where should I look?

The Nsider forums no longer exist. And, Nintendo informed us that if you were to download the update you would lose MP3 support. So, you weren't "forced", you just did.

Being informed something is going to happen isn't giving you a choice.

Giving me the option of now using AAC instead of MP3' or staying with MP3 as was implemented when I purchased it on Dec 26, 2006 IS a choice.

I'm not going to argue with anyone on this. I'm not intending to start a flame thread. I just find it wrong that Nintendo is taking away functionality which I was told I would get and for some reason I can only fathom as monetary is changing formats to something that would have likely made me NOT buy a Wii.

It's the old, now we've got your money we're going to do what we want syndrom.

Especially since I have no recourse on the matter to getting the functionality I had back.

Think of it this way. What if Nintendo decided to disable component output format and force us to use HDMI? I don't have any HDMI displays. So should I have to go out and buy one or sell my Wii since I can't do what I paid for?

when you do the system update you don't update the photo channel yet. you have to go into the shop channel and download the update for the photo channel. since i use mp3 and not aac i did not update the photo channel and i still listen to my mps and still have the gift features.

Pikachu256 said:
Well it is kind of forced because to play those newer games, They have auto updates in them. I guess in 08' you would be FORCED to download the update to play games

i dont think any game would force you to update the photo channel. the wii has been updated to support AAC so all games that run with AAC would be able to play fine without need to update photo channel.

Back