Not new user, but new here, please help

jojomo5

WiiChat Member
Mar 25, 2008
WII turns on, remotes are fine, it appears the sensor bars are not picking up any activity from the remotes, however, when aimed at the tv or the remotes we can nagivate from left to right but no hands appear. We had a lot of trouble with the wireless sensor so we plugged in the other one and used the two of them. That seemed to work better. Then we didn't get anything to work. What are we doing wrong. Please help. :crazy:

jojomo5 said:
WII turns on, remotes are fine, it appears the sensor bars are not picking up any activity from the remotes,

You have this backwards. The sensor bar does NOT receive any info from the Wiimotes. The sensor bar broadcastsout for the Wiimotes to receive. If your not getting any pointer activity with the bar, try two candles. If that still doesn't help, your Wiimotes are not working correctly.

not a dumb question, I actually checked that about a hundred times, tried both sensors, the one you plug in and the one that is wireless, all the remotes are on, and read user 1, 2,3,4, still no action

So even though the remotes are on, they could be my problem not the sensor bars. I have four remotes, should I swap out all four remotes seeing as I don't know which one is giving me the problem., And didn't appreciate the candle comment, by the way

The candle thing really works. Can u give us a pictue of your set up??? & where is your sensor bar above or below your tv???

the sensor bar is above the tv, and I don't get the candle thing, sorry. I'm not a geeky WII gal, just a mom trying to get this thing to work again. Two people did tell me it's not the sensors and to buy new remotes, what do you think?

The candle thing was not a joke or dig. The sensor bar is just 4 IR LED lights. ANY IR source will work for your wiimotes. However, if you have tried numerous sensor bars, and you are not too close nor too far away (too close will give you the exact problem you are describing) then all 4 of your wiimotes are bad.

Are there any other sources of IR near your TV? (anything that radiates heat also radiates IR)

Are you aiming properly? I sometimes think mine aren't working right but I am aiming too high or low for the hand to show up.

Do you have the Wii setup for the bar on top of the TV? If not, that would really mess up the aim and cause the problem your describing.

And lastly, do try the candle thing. set them about a foot apart, that will help determine if all 4 of your wiimotes have lost their ability to detect IR signals.

un,plug every thing. take all batteries out. plug wii back in. load one wii moat whith batteries, go to wii menue. go options, configure we bar and wiimote, then test out controler 1, if it works ok load other wiimotes

Back