Online Multiplayer versus Wii Chat forum activity

pdxMike

a.k.a. SittingDuck
Sep 10, 2012
Portland, OR
Wii Online Code
6353-8215-2245-6499
This forum has gotten noticebly quieter in the past couple of months. Despite that, I continue to see a lot of people still playing online and rarely have trouble finding a match in any game mode. Seems the community continues to play but has run out things to say on new or old topics.

Does everyone still see a lot of online activity or is it decreasing in some time zones? West coast is still going strong.

It's about the same for me out on the east coast. If anything there has been a small spike in activity. I sometimes have a hard time finding lobbies in the mornings (after 2am when the west coasters start leaving) but even then the big three (conflict, team conflict, heroes) are usually active.

Agreed. In-game activity is still stron, but wiichat is decreasing in GE activity. I think it's because many people have turned to using other outlets for communication like faqs and skype.

I think too many people just lurk on these forums. When i was organising the WC vs Faqs thing, the thread had a lot of views, but barely any replies/willing participants....

Thus, it comes full circle with the point Duck stated: there ain't all-that much to talk of amongst a bunch'a well-spoken veterans about an old game they've played t' hell and back... and previously discussed just as much. The same happened for the Brawl sub-forum, the same happened for the Pokemon sub-forum. Eventually we all reach the point where we stop discussing and just play the game of our affection. No one makes threads since there's not anythin' that stands out to be discussed, so the lurking begins. And the lurking further enforces silence and thus more lurkin', since there's some sort'a stigma with breakin' the silence of quiet sub-forums.

Sub-forum activity comes and goes in phases like that, I reckon.

+ the war/tournament has died down quite a bit. For casual talk Skype/Xat is mostly used. It's only when you're trying to reach a greater audience you post on a forum lately.

Back