Online Username/Gamertag

FeminineD

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
Hey guys, I just got a Wii for xmas today and I've been playing online... Very cool. Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is AMAZING.

One thing I'm curious about... How can you change your online username? Everyone seems to have a wacky name like "Coldblooded23456" for example, you know, just crazy names like that. But MY username is the same as my 'mii' character.

Is there a way for me to change my online username? Or are you simply forced to use the name that you have given to your mii character? I just can't imagine someone creating a mii character and naming it "snake-killer" or something like that, so I figured there must be a way to keep your 'mii' name separate from your online username.

FeminineD said:
Hey guys, I just got a Wii for xmas today and I've been playing online... Very cool. Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is AMAZING.

One thing I'm curious about... How can you change your online username? Everyone seems to have a wacky name like "Coldblooded23456" for example, you know, just crazy names like that. But MY username is the same as my 'mii' character.

Is there a way for me to change my online username? Or are you simply forced to use the name that you have given to your mii character? I just can't imagine someone creating a mii character and naming it "snake-killer" or something like that, so I figured there must be a way to keep your 'mii' name separate from your online username.
Yes, you have to DELETE your current persona and make a new one.

So you mean create a new 'mii' character?

So that would mean that you do need to name one of your mii characters some ridiculous name then?

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can edit the mii's name.... And what I'd like to do is just keep the mii's name the same as it always has been, but have a different name for when I'm playing online. Is that not possible?

Like, I want my mii character to have my real-life name. But I don't want my real-life name to be my online username... Know what I mean?

so....you want your mii to have both names?......one name will appear for online purposes and the other just to keep?

no....you have to create a new mii......just copy the original mii and change the name....and start using the second mii for online

wario2ooo said:
so....you want your mii to have both names?......one name will appear for online purposes and the other just to keep?

no....you have to create a new mii......just copy the original mii and change the name....and start using the second mii for online

i guess all i was wondering is, if you want to have an anonymous username when you are playing online, do you have to have your mii's character have that name? and i think what you're saying is that you do have to do that.

but i just think its silly creating a character in your image, trying to make it look exactly like you, and then calling it some random name that has nothing to do with you... know what i mean?

so just to help me understand once and for all.... when you created your 'mii' character, you didn't give it your real name? you named it 'wario2ooo' instead? but what if your friends come over to play wii sports or something and you choose that character.... wouldn't it be more fun to have your real name competing against them?

i dunno... maybe i'm asking for too much. i'll just shut up and play.

yes, i didn't gave it my real name....yes, my mii is name is wario2ooo...and yes it would be fun but i cna still change it

Topic: only a few games let you choose your own username over your own mii name (which is your real name).....guitar hero 3 has that....it let me choose my name...so it doesn't say wario2ooo....it just says wario

other games likes mario strikers charged....wont let you choose....but uses your mii name (which is your real name)

confusing?......just make 2 mii's like i said.......use the one with your real name for home and playing with friends then use the other one with your username for online games like strikers and other online games

don't certain games make you create a different username when playing or something?

It is a little confusing but I think I've got a better understanding of it all now, certainly moreso than I did before making this thread. Thanks for your help Wario.

Back