Outdated, quick question: What does TBA 2007 mean?

RPGMasterTurk91

Turkish RPG Master
Aug 2, 2006
Somewhere in New Jersey
Looking up the release date for certain games, i stumble upon real dates, then "TBA 2007" a lot of the time...but i just don't know what that means...can someone please inform me I know its an old, "noobish" question..Thanks

Also, if you haven't found a site that gives game release dates for the Wii (which you probably have by now), heres a good one: http://wii.ign.com/index/release.html

RPGMasterTurk91 said:
Yeah...that was it lol thanks a lot i feel dumb now but educated at the same time, relieving me of my dumb. That was pretty obvious TBA lol.
this forum is to help educate so don't worry about it.

hmm so i don't have to start a new thread about it and i can expand on this topic...that site i posted on here, it says "TBA 2007". Does that mean "To Be Announced IN 2007", or it will definately be released sometime in 2007? I know it sounds like a dumb question, but its got some logic in it. Afterall, everyone's been awaiting Brawl's arrival in definate 2007. But when you click on the Japan section release dates, it is, as numerous other games for the new year it seems, to be released December 31, 2007. The U.S. versions don't come out till much later for the most part, making all those games listed come out in early or mid 2008. What I say is logical...but is it right? Please educate/inform me on why I'm right or wrong and counter what I said so i could see where I was wrong (if i was).

It means it will be Announced IN 2007. They could still say 2008 but they will state it in 2007. Though when it says : 'TBA 2007' 5/6 times they will announce it for 2007 aswell :thumbsup:

ottoman said:
idiot Turk :lol:

I've said that before to a Turk as well, before you've ever even said it...But why haven't you given me a response, but rather insulted me?! :eek:ut: lol jk :cornut:

It was a good question, and you dam well know it...you're just jealous there's people here who is actually willing to listen and answer/respond to my questions so smoothly. :devil:

TBA means a lot of things but in the case you stated (as in a release date) it means To Be Announced.

Back