PC gaming help!

JAKE196

Cogito Ergo Sum
Sep 21, 2007
Williamsburg, VA (U.S.A.)
Okey-dokey, Well I'm probably getting a NVIDIA 8600 graphics card for Christmas and then my computer will be thus:

Athlon 64 X2 Duel Core Processor 4200+ 2.2 GHz

2 gigs of RAM

And the 8600

So I don't know much about computer stuff but apearently this setup would be able to play most games at at least low quality.

I looked some games up and I'm pretty sure I could barely play COD4, and I could play UT3 and orange box easy.

My question is exactly how long would this setup last? Would I have to update my computer fequently?

I love my wii to death but I've got a bit of a thurst for some good FPS's. :)

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT POWER SUPPLY OR ELSE YOUR PC WILL BE FRIED UP!

ok thats over with...

* You could run CoD4 on Medium/High Settings (Mostly on Medium for smoother gameplay)
* You could play UT3 and Orange Box on Medium/High Too.
* I would say your set up right now is great but some PC gamers are readying for the Nvidia 9000 Series
* Your set up will last you about another year to play all the games on Medium/High
* You can last 2+ Years if you have your set up on low settings during gameplay

BTW: Are you running Windows Xp or Windows Vista?

Happy Gaming!

Hehe thats why I quit computer gaming... I hate upgrading PC Video Cards, too expensive but its your choice. =]

youll be fine for a while..my computer is single proc and 2.0 ghz and it handled world of warcraft on high settings, cs source, half life 2 and all ran smoothly..merry christmas to you lol

Pikachu256 said:
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT POWER SUPPLY OR ELSE YOUR PC WILL BE FRIED UP!

ok thats over with...

* You could run CoD4 on Medium/High Settings (Mostly on Medium for smoother gameplay)
* You could play UT3 and Orange Box on Medium/High Too.
* I would say your set up right now is great but some PC gamers are readying for the Nvidia 9000 Series
* Your set up will last you about another year to play all the games on Medium/High
* You can last 2+ Years if you have your set up on low settings during gameplay

BTW: Are you running Windows Xp or Windows Vista?

Happy Gaming!

Hehe thats why I quit computer gaming... I hate upgrading PC Video Cards, too expensive but its your choice. =]

I have Vista.

And yes I know, I have to check if i need a new PSU.

I'm glad to hear that will last a year, I may or may not upgrade after that, I just figure I have a decent computer so I might as well spend $100 on a graphics card instead of getting a 360 Which is quite expensive.

Will my processor really be good enough for a year?
I think it's like one of the lowest required ones for COD4.

I said your processor will last at least 6 more monthes to about a year and a half. Since most morden games right now need Intel P4+, that AMD has the power between Intel P4 and Intel Dual Core 2. So your processor is decent for now unless you want to upgrade to a Intel Dual Core 2 which will last you 2 - 3 more years.

Hopefully my predictions are correct =]

Happy December =]

Back