Play Wii/Wii U Games with a PS2 Controller with this new Adapter

wicked

Administrator
Jul 6, 2011
San Jose, CA

1354685366_9434_2.jpg

Adding to the list of crazy concoctions for console products of late, comes an adapter for the Wii and Wii U remotes that connects directly to the PS2 controller, allowing gamers everywhere to play their Wii and Wii U games with the Sony controller. The news comes from a report posted yesterday by gameranx.com, and the innovation owes its creation to Datel Japan, a company that takes pride in producing the world's best-selling and most creative products for gamers.

The adapter will be compatible with both the Wii and Wii U, and will support the original Wii Remote, Wii Remote Plus, Wii MotionPlus connector and PS2 DualShock 2 controller. As Nintendo recently barred the use of GameCube controllers in conjunction with the Wii U, this may be quite a joyous occasion for Super Smash Bros Melee fans. Wii U owners can now wipe the dust off of old, seemingly-obsolete PS2 controllers, plug it into their Wii U remote via the adapter, and play GameCube titles on their systems. The interconsole insanity never ends.

There is a PS2 to Gamecube adaptor, But the Wii U dont have Gamecube ports on it

(The PS2s last official game comes out next year then its officially dead)

^ ps2 is still gettin games? wtf

Good ol' Datel, one'a the few 3rd party gaming accessory companies I'll trust with my monies. If I didn't already have a classic controller pro and this came stateside/works fine imported, I'd probably buy it. I do find the PS2 controller t' be quite comfortable.

... Obviously it'l work. :lol: This ain't some random concoction comin' from an electronics nerd's garage.

People who miss GC controllers and love their PS2.

... Obviously it'l work. :lol: This ain't some random concoction comin' from an electronics nerd's garage.

People who miss GC controllers and love their PS2.
I am going to hold out for the GC Classic since GC games will be coming to the Wii U shop I am 40% sure they will make a classic GC controller

Will be good if it could use all PS2 pads/sticks/wheels

Good ol' Datel, one'a the few 3rd party gaming accessory companies I'll trust with my monies. If I didn't already have a classic controller pro and this came stateside/works fine imported, I'd probably buy it. I do find the PS2 controller t' be quite comfortable. mxplayer get-mxplayer.in

Last edited:
Back