Playing SPMario on Euro Wii ????

d4005

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Apr 16, 2007
expat Brit in Germany
Hi,

Has anyone tried running the US (NTSC) Super Paper Mario on a Euro (PAL) Wii ? Will it run? I'm hoping that the only issue is whether or not my TV can handle it (which of course it can).

UNBELIEVABLY ! ! ! ! They're not releasing SPM in Europe until November 2007.

This will not run and you shouldnt try it as well. The wii is regional locked and wont play games from other countries. In europe we have PAL games and in America they have NTSC games, obviously NTSC games wont work on a PAL wii. I have heard stories of this turning their wii into a shiny white paperweight (i dont know if their wii's were modded or not though).
hope this clears up your problem. And i want super paper mario now lol.

P.S - Welcome to Wiichat, hope to see you around the forums :cool:

lee.jarratt said:
This will not run and you shouldnt try it as well. The wii is regional locked and wont play games from other countries.
Thanks Lee, oh well, no Mario for me :( Shame, it was after reading a review of Super Paper Mario that I decided to buy the Wii this past weekend. Thought never entered my head that it wouldn't be available here.

d4005 said:
Thanks Lee, oh well, no Mario for me :( Shame, it was after reading a review of Super Paper Mario that I decided to buy the Wii this past weekend. Thought never entered my head that it wouldn't be available here.

Aww nevermind, but while your waiting there are plenty of other fantastic games out there :yesnod:

lee.jarratt said:
Aww nevermind, but while your waiting there are plenty of other fantastic games out there :yesnod:
Right :wink:

Lovin the Wii Sports, Wii Play (comes with second controller), Gottlieb Pinball Classics and World Series of Poker. Do you know of a good place to look for a complete list of games available in region 2 zone? I've only looked at Amazon so far.

d4005 said:
Right :wink:

Lovin the Wii Sports, Wii Play (comes with second controller), Gottlieb Pinball Classics and World Series of Poker. Do you know of a good place to look for a complete list of games available in region 2 zone? I've only looked at Amazon so far.

Try play.com as the prices are always cheaper than in-store and most of the time , other websites.
Give it a shot, i usually buy my games from here:cool:
Hope this helps!

lee.jarratt said:
Try play.com as the prices are always cheaper than in-store and most of the time , other websites.
Thanks, they had a nicely organized list of games. I have to say though, you thought those prices were cheap ? You want to look into buying from amazon.de, the prices here in Germany (for the identical games) are much cheaper. It seems that the typical price in the UK is about 40 quid, sometimes discounted to 35 or so. Here in Germany the typical price is 40 Euros and the exchange rate is around 1.5:1 (about 26-27 quid).

d4005 said:
Thanks, they had a nicely organized list of games. I have to say though, you thought those prices were cheap ? You want to look into buying from amazon.de, the prices here in Germany (for the identical games) are much cheaper. It seems that the typical price in the UK is about 40 quid, sometimes discounted to 35 or so. Here in Germany the typical price is 40 Euros and the exchange rate is around 1.5:1 (about 26-27 quid).

Yeh, the tax rate in the UK is very high and it is around £40 per game in shops, so £35 is quite a good price for us. Your lucky to have games so cheap

Back