Please help, Wii VGA problem =[

supermattt

WiiChat Member
Mar 30, 2008
hey guys, I joined here coz you seem like a knowledgeable bunch of people and since im having problems with my new wii, I thought you could help.

i have a wii with a vga cable, connected to my Samsung SyncMaster 710V monitor, and have gone through all of the setup which the cables manual suggested, but im bumping into a problem.
the wii will work ok for a while, but either totally randomly (after afew seconds), by turning off the monitor or by swithching to my PC and back, the screen will display a message along the lines of ''not optimum mode: recommended mode 1280 X 1012 60HZ'' with a box with a question mark in it.
now as this screen shows, none of the buttons on the monitor do anything atall, making me resort to turning off the console, which as im sure you know, makes it near enough unusable

please, if anyone knows about this problem, help me out! this is the only way I can play my wii as im far away from a TV with scart or available components.

thanks allot guys.. -Matt

Dbomb3 said:
sorry i cant help, but im sure someone will
cheers mate, yh, hopefully someone can!..I really wonna get playing it!! lol

jondeak said:
OK...First of all you need to visit the link i placed below. Secondly Its not you Wii causing the problem its the monitor. You will most likely have to contact samsung support. but first read all the info i rathered here. Good Luck !

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/616510
yhh ive read that and it doesnt help much. im sure the monitor isnt broken as I actually have two of them in the house, and they both do the same thing. im also sure its possible for this to all work, as it is working briefly as i mentioned above. ive contacted samsung to see what they say, but im not hopeful as we all know how useless these people can be.

and, yes hop3less i was able to set it up to 480p without much trouble, i just wish i could now finish the job =[

anybody else have the answer??

Back