Pokemon XD

wii.thao

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2006
Hey fellow wii members,

Well, I have always wanted the Pokemon games on the gamecube system for my younger nephew and I but never had a Gamecube. Now, that I have a wii, I would like to get the game. However, I still have some questions.

I know that you can use the gc controller and the classic controller, but is there a difference between the two? Or can I even use the classic controller (is it just for the virual console?) at all to play gamecube games or do I need to buy a gamecube controller just for that? Also, when I say different, I mean like are there more buttons and what not cause they look totally different.

I don't think you can use the VC controller for GC games, and you need a memory card. (someone should confirm that because i'm not 100% sure)

I would recommend waiting for Pokemon:Battle revolution though.

I doubt it highly................. Because on http://wii.nintendo.com/virtualconsole.jsp It doesn't say if it could work with GC games.....too me it look like they have the same amount of buttons...... but you have to get a GC controller to play GC games..... but the GC controller can play nes,snes, and 64 games...... but it can play some genesis and some turbo

Last edited:
yup, classic controller is strictly for virtual console games, unless some developers fror the wii find some use for it in a wii game. gamecube games can only be played with gamecube controllers, and gamecube saves can only be saved on gamecube memory cards. also, most virtual console games can be played with a gamecube controlelr

Well, that totally sucks. Thanks for the info. guys.

phatboix91 said:
yup, classic controller is strictly for virtual console games, unless some developers fror the wii find some use for it in a wii game. gamecube games can only be played with gamecube controllers, and gamecube saves can only be saved on gamecube memory cards. also, most virtual console games can be played with a gamecube controlelr
yeah they said classic or gamecube controller are preffered for when SSBB comes out

Back