Poll: Wii Remote Question (Is it just mii)?

silywiibit

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2009
I am new to wii about a month and I wanted to take poll and see if its just me or are others experiencing the same type problems I am facing.

(1)Do you find it hard to type your name or enter text on screen with the wii remote? Does it take alot of effort for you to keep it on the correct letters etc...

(2) Can your four year old navigate with the remote themselves? or is it too hard of a task?

(3) Does your mouse/hand disappear and you are not able to get it to show up on screen and get it back?

I feel my remotes or wii isnt operating properly and these are the problems we are having. not sure if I should exchange my wii?

thanks in advance for the insight.

I don't think it is very difficult to type with the Wii Remote, although it may be a little tedious and slow. I don't have any kids so I can't answer that question.

You may want to try adjusting the location of your sensor bar and make sure it is unobstructed. Also, check the Wii's sensor bar settings and be sure it is set to the proper location (either above or below the screen).

unfortunately the wii mote isnt perfect.. sometimes the cursor will go offscreen if you dont point it right... just move your arm around till it comes back up..

also..typing with the wiimote is a bit hard if you dont have a steady hand.

there is a keyboard for wii you can buy and that might help.

Last edited:
THANKS for the responses! And thanks for the info. at least i feel i am not going crazy.

in the meantime i did a test and i unsynced the wiimotes to move the #2 wiimote to the #1 spot and have it as the main wiimote now, to see if there is a difference and yes the wiimote is working much much better.

in the begining i bought so much wii stuff off amazon i didnt realize i bought an extra wiimote (i thought 2 came with the system) so i am returning the dud wiimote for a new one.

also anyone ever here of some trick with a candle you can do to see if your sensor bar is working correctly? if so does that really work?

the sensor bar is unobstructed and i did check the settings its on top of the tv and the settings are such. my question is how high should the sensor bar be? if you are say 5'5" - 5'10" should it be chest level?

THANKS!!!!

Back