Post your weightlifting routine

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Alright, so I'm bored. I've met quite a few professional wrestling fans on WiiChat, but it seems my other passion is not quite as popular, or else people are more secretive about it :scared: So this is a thread for people to post their routines and to ask questions/talk about weightlifting.

Post your routine:

Monday
Ch, Sh, Tri
Bench
DB Bench
Arnies
Dips
Tuesday
Ba, Bi, Legs
Squats
BO Rows
Chins
BB/Preacher Curls
Thursday
Ch, Sh, Tri
Inc. Bench
CG Bench
Millies
Lateral Raises
Friday
Ba, Bi, Legs
Deadlifts
T-Bars
Chins
Calf Raises

Of course, my routine varies from time to time, but this is what I am currently doing. If you have any questions at all ASK. Whether it be about the terms, how to get started, or perhaps you've just always wondered something about weightlifting, ASK!

Any comments? Dont understand something? Need some help making your own routine? I'm happy to help!

When ever im in work
ZMOG HINTZ
All that damn runing round carryin heavy stuff (upto 20kgs)

Day 1:
Chest
Bench Press
Decline Bench Press
Dumbell Press
Biceps
Hammer Curls
Barbell Curls
Reverse Barbell Curls
Day 2:
Back
Deadlifts
Rows
Chin-ups
Triceps
Skull Crushers
Push Downs
Dumbell Extensions
Day 3:
Shoulder
Dumbell Shoulder Press
Lateral Raises
Smith Machine
Legs
Hamstring Curls
Squats
Leg Press
Day 4:
Day Off, Run, Play Basketball

Start all over again the day after Day 4.

What supplements are you taking LevesqueIsKing?

My question is: How many reps and sets should a person start with? Would it be best to find my one rep max and work it out from there?

Nicko said:
My question is: How many reps and sets should a person start with? Would it be best to find my one rep max and work it out from there?

Usually you should do 3-5 sets with 8-10 reps.

Our gym is closed due to a strike.... so right now im just @ home

Run in the morning.. Do sit ups, push ups, use dumbells

@ the gym... I pretty much do everything there.... especially workin out on leg curls, for soccer...

I dont take any supplements... What do you guys take/prefer??

well i am just healing from a brokin wrist so i do 3 sets of 5 lifts with my arm (elbow joint) 5 lifts with my wrist and 5 squeeze things i dont no the names of wat im doing (abviously) but i hope u can interpet it

I take Creatine Monohydrate from GNC before my workout. Then after I take a shake of Nitro-Tech.

Nicko: It has been said that low rep schemes (5-8) show results better and high rep schemes (8-12) help you lift more. Of course, both of them do both jobs, it has just been noted that if you are trying to look good for the ladies then do less and if your trying to put more weight on the bar do more.

I do ussually do 3x8. The less reps you do, the more sets you do and vice versa.

However, it should be noted that one should not have the same rep-set scheme indefinetly. Along with your exercises, this should change up to shock your muscles.

Multiple People: I only take Whey Protein Powder, which (for those of you who dont know) is basically JUST protein, nothing more. Sadly, my parents arent as fond as my passions as I am and so they wont let me take Creatine, or else I would.

Wiired: I haven't done a one rep max in a long time. I am not very fond of them because to me it seems like a wasted day at the gym. After doing a one rep max you are extremely tired, yet, you hardly accomplished a workout. I can do 155x8. I'm telling you guys that I'm not all that strong but you refuse to believe me :lol:

Wow, this thread hit off better then I'd expected. I was thinking It'd get a couple posts and then die. Keep posting guys.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Nicko: It has been said that low rep schemes (5-8) show results better and high rep schemes (8-12) help you lift more. Of course, both of them do both jobs, it has just been noted that if you are trying to look good for the ladies then do less and if your trying to put more weight on the bar do more.

I do ussually do 3x8. The less reps you do, the more sets you do and vice versa.

However, it should be noted that one should not have the same rep-set scheme indefinetly. Along with your exercises, this should change up to shock your muscles.

Multiple People: I only take Whey Protein Powder, which (for those of you who dont know) is basically JUST protein, nothing more. Sadly, my parents arent as fond as my passions as I am and so they wont let me take Creatine, or else I would.

Wiired: I haven't done a one rep max in a long time. I am not very fond of them because to me it seems like a wasted day at the gym. After doing a one rep max you are extremely tired, yet, you hardly accomplished a workout. I can do 155x8. I'm telling you guys that I'm not all that strong but you refuse to believe me :lol:

Wow, this thread hit off better then I'd expected. I was thinking It'd get a couple posts and then die. Keep posting guys.
I'm sure there's a way to work out your one rep max using that.

EDIT: Found a site on the internet that says your one rep max using those figures is 197.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Sadly, my parents arent as fond as my passions as I am and so they wont let me take Creatine, or else I would.

I know what you mean, my parents feel the same way, thats why I have my brother buy the stuff for me.

From what I've heard and read, creatine isn't too great... but thats what ive seen... anyways... would you reccommend buying whey protein powder? How much does it help?

Peter.

*edit* how much does it cost?

Last edited:
Back