Premier League Football Talk

Gaz

Poker Face :D
Dec 29, 2006
London / Plymouth
Wii Online Code
2042-8451-0487-7303
A week into this years event.
for thos who don't know what it is, 20 of the best english football teams play each other twice, with 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, and 0 for a loss. the most points wins the trophy, if theres a tie, goal difference counts.
In the history of it only 4 teams have ever won it. Blackburn Rovers 1. chelsea 2, arsenal 3 and Manchester united 9 times. depending on how well you do in the year you get into certain europeian events blahddi blah blah.

on to the talking...

spurs at bottom? suprise?
what about the other results..

It is pretty surprising that Spurs have lost 2...

Manchester United on 2 points, they don't play too well without Rooney, although Tevez played very well in their match against Portsmouth. Now Ronaldo's suspended for another 3 matches, not going too well for United at the moment. Though I do think that Nani is amazing, and with Hargreaves probably playing in their next match, I think they'll do okay.

Big Sam was good for bolton, we shall see what happens today.

Rooney does not own, he's a good player but not as good as everyone makes out. I'm glad Cristiano Ronaldo got banned because he's a f*ckin pr*ck and a diving little cheat...sure he might look good sometimes, but he doesn't do anything particularly special that's like "wow". Once a defender is used to him he's sh*t. Don't you just love the way nothing happens to Ferguson after his comments about the referee the other day, that just proves his d*ck is firmly up the FA's arses. Nothing can really be said about Tottenham being at the bottom of the table, just look at the top - Everton :shocked: that proves that wherever teams are now has no resemblence to their actual potential, so with two games in not much can be made of it. What I really think though is that this year promises to be one of the best and closest Premierships ever. There are a lot of good teams now, more of them challenging for that second bracket in the League, e.g. Spurs, Newcastle, Villa, Everton (I suppose), Pompey, Man City, Reading, Bolton, I even think Birmingham can do well this season. I do believe it will be a bad season at the Riverside though, The Boro just don't look as good as they used to be, not that they were a real force, but they had something about them that enabled them to give a good game to top teams, they seem to have lost it though.

As for tomorrows games, I am extremely looking forward to them! Two home wins will do nicely - Man City beating Utd, and Liverpool beating Chelsea. I should get some sleep so I can wake up for 1 to start watching them!

Lewi T said:
Rooney does not own, he's a good player but not as good as everyone makes out. I'm glad Cristiano Ronaldo got banned because he's a f*ckin pr*ck and a diving little cheat...sure he might look good sometimes, but he doesn't do anything particularly special that's like "wow". Once a defender is used to him he's sh*t. Don't you just love the way nothing happens to Ferguson after his comments about the referee the other day, that just proves his d*ck is firmly up the FA's arses. Nothing can really be said about Tottenham being at the bottom of the table, just look at the top - Everton :shocked: that proves that wherever teams are now has no resemblence to their actual potential, so with two games in not much can be made of it. What I really think though is that this year promises to be one of the best and closest Premierships ever. There are a lot of good teams now, more of them challenging for that second bracket in the League, e.g. Spurs, Newcastle, Villa, Everton (I suppose), Pompey, Man City, Reading, Bolton, I even think Birmingham can do well this season. I do believe it will be a bad season at the Riverside though, The Boro just don't look as good as they used to be, not that they were a real force, but they had something about them that enabled them to give a good game to top teams, they seem to have lost it though.

As for tomorrows games, I am extremely looking forward to them! Two home wins will do nicely - Man City beating Utd, and Liverpool beating Chelsea. I should get some sleep so I can wake up for 1 to start watching them!

r u serious c.ronaldo got band i hate him though my gf keeps talking about him dude i dnt no what to say how long did he get band for?

He got banned for 3 games for head-butting a player, d*ckhead. Every time your girlfriend mentions him, hit her :) that's what I do.

Lewi T said:
He got banned for 3 games for head-butting a player, d*ckhead. Every time your girlfriend mentions him, hit her :) that's what I do.

Dude he headbuted a player when!!!??? lmao!!!!!!!!nice... y did he headbut and who!????

Well it was hardly a head-butt, but that will be because he's a f*cking faggort. He deserved to get sent off though. It was at the weekend, he head-butted Richard Hughes of Portsmouth, I don't know why, probably because he likes men. I was looking for a video of it but I can't find one.

Lewi T said:
Well it was hardly a head-butt, but that will be because he's a f*cking faggort. He deserved to get sent off though. It was at the weekend, he head-butted Richard Hughes of Portsmouth, I don't know why, probably because he likes men. I was looking for a video of it but I can't find one.
ok no need to be an idiot. he didn't deserve to get sent off, seeing as how there was no contact or minimul at all, the reason he did it is because of Hughes holding onto him before the corner, which the reff could clearly see and did nothing about, it was a must win game for united, and we didn't win in the end, his heart was in the right place, just a shame the sport has gone to a place where an intention of bodily contact is practically a sending off.

are you supprised everton is at the top? they are a very strong team, and were in the runnings for the title in the first half last year as well.

Last edited:
Bolton are bottom and playing terribly. Our attack and midfield are great, but our defense is diabolical. I miss Ben Haim.. and our set pieces, though some saw them as boring, at least they got us goals. I doubt the likes of Anelka will be around next season at this rate. And I hope Sammy Lee gets the sack ASAP.

Back