Problem with two Wiimotes in Trauma Center New Blood

AsciiPad

Jedi Padawan
May 9, 2007
Southeastern USA
Last night I tried to play Trauma Center: New Blood in Co-op mode with a friend. I've done this before with no problems - each time I've had to use One Time sync to connect the 2nd remote while in the game. But last night, I could not get any of my 4 remotes to connect as the 2nd controller. All of them connected fine as the 1st controller, and battery power was at least 75% for each one.

If I exited the game and went back to the main Wii screen, all 4 remotes connected just fine...I'd just hit a button on them and a single light would light up on each one accordingly. I know the remotes aren't broken and that they are "hard-synced" to my console. The only time there was a problem was when I tried to use One Time Mode for a 2nd controller while Trauma Center was loaded. I don't know why there was such a problem with that 2nd controller slot...especially since it was working fine this way just a week before.

There are two things that were different this time. One, I normally play the Wii at my own place where there is WiFi, but this time I brought my Wii to a friend's and did not connect it to WiFi there. Two, I have started playing Link's Crossbow Training. As far as I know, neither of these changes should have affected the connection of a 2nd remote. Any suggestions?

AsciiPad said:
Last night I tried to play Trauma Center: New Blood in Co-op mode with a friend. I've done this before with no problems - each time I've had to use One Time sync to connect the 2nd remote while in the game. But last night, I could not get any of my 4 remotes to connect as the 2nd controller. All of them connected fine as the 1st controller, and battery power was at least 75% for each one.

If I exited the game and went back to the main Wii screen, all 4 remotes connected just fine...I'd just hit a button on them and a single light would light up on each one accordingly. I know the remotes aren't broken and that they are "hard-synced" to my console. The only time there was a problem was when I tried to use One Time Mode for a 2nd controller while Trauma Center was loaded. I don't know why there was such a problem with that 2nd controller slot...especially since it was working fine this way just a week before.

There are two things that were different this time. One, I normally play the Wii at my own place where there is WiFi, but this time I brought my Wii to a friend's and did not connect it to WiFi there. Two, I have started playing Link's Crossbow Training. As far as I know, neither of these changes should have affected the connection of a 2nd remote. Any suggestions?
Some games don't let you add more controllers until they are in a certain state.

Try choosing Multiplayer mode and THEN connecting the controllers :yesnod:

Same thing happened with my cousins, we got the first remote on. Then we tried syncing the second, after it was on the first turned off. I don't know if he ever got it to work.

I actually tried selecting multiplayer first, but that was the very point at which it told me I needed to go back to the Home screen and connect a 2nd controller. If I connected the 2nd controller before starting the game, its light went out when the game started.

At any rate, I did solve the problem. I checked Nintendo's site which told me that if there was a problem syncing multiple remotes, I should QUICKLY press button 1+2 on each remote sequentially. If I delayed too long, it could take longer to sync all the remotes and in some cases not all would sync. So I did that and this time it worked. There was one other thing I did differently - this time I had my four Gamecube Wavebird controller receivers connected to the four Wii gameports, as I usually do. Last time I tried syncing the remotes, I didn't have these receivers connected. I don't think that should have affected the connections though.

Back