PS3 losing.....exclusives?

RivalDestiny

WiiChat Member
Staff member
Dec 15, 2006
Michigan
Wii Online Code
0409-5781-9484-0073
I've been looking around sites, forums, and some podcasts. Many of them brought up that the PS3 was losing exclusives. Recently they announced that Devil May Cry 4 will be also coming out for 360. And also planning to make MGS4 a multi-platformed game. Me? Well i'm saddened by this, I hope sony can pull through okay with the bad start they had.

~Rival

MysticGohan said:
yes they are loosing exclusives! the more exclusives that they loose the more developers are going to give up on the system!
yay:lol: :lol: :lol:

they wont ever take mgs4 multi platform
but the ps3 has lost
assassians creed
gta IV
ace combat something
i think some fighting game (virtua fighter 5?)
and devil may cry

Yah its true...and I hate to sya it but it looks like Sony is taking the path of the Dreamcast

Ummn yeah I do think theres a huge possiblity that MGS4 will go the way of multiplatformer...but hey time will tell. Although sony fanboys thought DMC4 and all those other games were going to stay on their precious system and we see how that turned out.

Its not like the games wont be on the PS3, many are going multiplatform. Sony is taking a different approach it seems. They are building their own first party titles as exclusives, and basically letting go of some of the third party ones. I believe sony is intentionally not holding onto them, so they are not really losing anything as much as they are not trying to keep them. Remember exclusives mean paying money to the third party to keep them there. They must feel its unncessary. Time will tell if its a smart move or not.

Shiftfallout said:
Its not like the games wont be on the PS3, many are going multiplatform. Sony is taking a different approach it seems. They are building their own first party titles as exclusives, and basically letting go of some of the third party ones. I believe sony is intentionally not holding onto them, so they are not really losing anything as much as they are not trying to keep them. Remember exclusives mean paying money to the third party to keep them there. They must feel its unncessary. Time will tell if its a smart move or not.

After Jak and Ratchet are gone, there's not much to seperate Sony from the others. It's sad the way things are going, since PS2 was such a great machine, and now we have the PS3. Next to no exclusives making the console worthy, and too many price driving accessories @.@

And none of this bargain crap. I work in a grocery store, have to make car payments, and the PS3 is about 3 months of car payments. Functionality is a big one.

I've been entering contests and most that I've found have been giving away PS3's or 360's. Hardly any Wii's. It's crazy....

VampiricLugia said:
After Jak and Ratchet are gone, there's not much to seperate Sony from the others. It's sad the way things are going, since PS2 was such a great machine, and now we have the PS3. Next to no exclusives making the console worthy, and too many price driving accessories @.@

And none of this bargain crap. I work in a grocery store, have to make car payments, and the PS3 is about 3 months of car payments. Functionality is a big one.

I've been entering contests and most that I've found have been giving away PS3's or 360's. Hardly any Wii's. It's crazy....

Hold yer horses mister. The PS3 has a lot of exclusives planned, they are just not released yet. The console will be more worthy as time goes on. I just think people are not seeing the bigger picture and are only looking at the present. If you plant a seed for a tree in the earth, you cant come back the next day and expect it to be a big tree with a tree house already installed. These things take time, and Sony has announced they are aiming for a system that will last as long as possible. Its launch was weak, but like a small seed, you cant know what the tree will be like untill its planted and allowed time to grow.

() Unreleased Games - 94 Titles (As of April 2, 2007)
Afrika - LINK
Airtight PS3 Project [untitled] - LINK
Big Time Revenge - LINK
BioWare Project - LINK
Brave Arms - LINK
Calling All Cars! - LINK
Castlevania PS3 - LINK
Chain Limit - LINK
Coded Arms Assault - LINK
Crytek Project - Crysis [Rumored] - LINK LINK
Danger Planet - LINK
DC Universe MMO - LINK
Dragon Ball Z [Untitled]
Dreamers - LINK
Driver PS3 - Driver 5 [Unofficial Title] - LINK
Eight Days - LINK
EyeDentify - LINK
Factor 5 Project #2 [Untitled] - LINK
Fantasy Lab Project [Untitled] - LINK
FIA World Touring Car Championship - LINK
Fifth Phantom Saga - LINK
Final Fantasy XIII - LINK
Final Fantasy Versus XIII - LINK

Formula One Championship Edition - LINK
Fumito Ueda - LINK
Fury - LINK
Game Arts Project - LINK
God of War III - LINK
Go! Puzzle - LINK
Guitar Hero PS3 - Guitar Hero III [Rumored Title] - LINK
Gradius PS3 - LINK
Grand Turismo 5 - LINK
Gretzky NHL [Working Title] - LINK
Gundam Musou - LINK
Heavenly Sword - LINK
Hero - LINK
Hot Shots Golf [Working TItle] - LINK
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier [Rumored] - LINK
Killzone [Working Title] - LINK
Kingdom Hearts 3 [Rumored] - LINK
Koei Guan Yu PS3 Project - Dynasty Warriors [Rumored Title] - LINK
Kurayami AKA Darkness - LINK
Lair - LINK
L.A. Noire - LINK
LittleBigPlanet - LINK
Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots - LINK

Metro 2033: The Last Refuge - LINK
MLB 07: The Show - LINK
Monster Hunter 3 - LINK
Monster Kingdom - LINK
Namco PS3 RPG - LINK
Namco PS3 Shooter - LINK
Namco PS3 Sports Project - LINK
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - LINK
NiOh - LINK
Pterodon FPS Project [Untitled] - LINK
Project Psychic [Working Title] - LINK
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [Working Title] - LINK
Redwood Falls - LINK
Rengoku The End of the Century - LINK
Resistance 2 [Rumored, But Likely] - EGM 2/2007 - Page 77
Returning Alive [Working Title] - LINK
Rockstar Old West PS3 Project [Untitled] - LINK
Romance of the Three Kingdoms PS3 - LINK
Sam Suede: Undercover Exposure - LINK
Second - LINK
Secret Service - LINK
Shin Megami Tensei - LINK
Silent Hill 5 [Working Title, Rumored] - LINK
Singstar [Working Title] - LINK
Spider-Man 3: Collector's Edition - LINK
Sony Online Mercenary / Spy MMO [Untitled] - LINK
Sony Online Whimsical MMO [Untitled] - LINK
Starbreeze Next-Gen Project [Untitled] - LINK
Sucker Punch Project [Untitled] - LINK
Super Rub-A-Dub - LINK
Team Siren Project [Untitled] - LINK
Tecmo Action-Adventure [Untitled] - LINK LINK
Tekken 6 - LINK
thatgamecompany Project #2 [Untitled] - LINK
thatgamecompany Project #3 [Untitled] - LINK
The Eye of Judgment [Working Title] - LINK
The Getaway [Working Title] - LINK
The Wall - LINK
Twelve Interactive Sci-Fi action game [Untitled]
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - LINK
Unknown Realms - LINK
WarDevil Enigma - LINK
Warhawk - LINK
Way of the Samurai 3 - LINK
White Knight Story - LINK
Wipeout Pulse [Working TItle] - LINK
Zipper Interactive PS3 Project - SOCOM 4 [Rumored Title] - LINK
Zone of the Enders 3 - LINK

Released Games - 18 Titles (As of April 2, 2007)
Blast Factor
Cash Guns Chaos DLX
Flow
Full Auto 2
Genji: Days of the Blade
Go! Sudoku
Gran Turismo HD
GripShift
Lemmings
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
MotorStorm
NBA 07
Resistance Fall Of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
The Godfather: The Don's Edition
Untold Legends Dark Kingdom
Virtua Fighter 5 (For Now)

Franchises Worth Noting - 34 Titles *
Arc the Lad
ATV Offroad Fury
Battle Arena Toshinden
Champions of Norrath
Cool Boarders
Cosmic Rift
Dark Cloud
Everquest
Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising
ICO / Shadow of the Collosus
Infantry
Intelligent Qube
JetMoto
Katamari Demacy
Kingdom of Paradise
MediEvil
OKAGE
PaRappa the Rapper
PlanetSide
PoPoLoCrois
Pursuit Force
Starwars Galaxies
Syphon Filter
Tanarus
The Legend of Dragoon
The Mark of Kri / Rise of the Kasai
The Matrix Online
Time Crisis
Twisted Metal
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
War of the Monsters
Wild ARMs
World Rally Championship
Zero Pilot
* All of these titles are either under the Sony Umbrella (including SOE) or have typically shown up on the PlayStation platform in an exclusive manner. At this time I cannot find any information about development for PS3 for these titles.

Last edited:
The article I wrote about the Ps3 does speak of this, as losing Virtua Fighter 5, Grand Theft Auto, Unreal Tournament, and Devil May Cry have been huge losses toward the system.

Kamikaze said:
The article I wrote about the Ps3 does speak of this, as losing Virtua Fighter 5, Grand Theft Auto, Unreal Tournament, and Devil May Cry have been huge losses toward the system.

Huge losses? mmm i wouldnt go that far. GTA was the most important title there and its going to be shared between the PS3 and the 360. You make it seem as if these exclusives wont appear on the PS3 at all. I really think people are over exagerating. The PS3 is aiming to offer more from the game in HOME. So perhaps thats one reason to pick it over the 360, then perhaps not. Either way people are over reacting because both systems still get the games.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is still an exclusive and will stay one thankfully.
interview (4.2.2007)
....Pity. So, Devil May Cry 4, going multiplatform. Thoughts? Comments? "I think it's up to each project, and the individual producer", he says. "If they want to take it multiplatform, they will". I'm going somewhere with this question, and he knows exactly where that is...

"But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform", he says. Sorry kids. Your "OMGMGS4360" banners will have to come out another day.

Since we've opened up this can of worms, I may as well get his thoughts on it. Why, I ask, do you think this rumour simply refuses to go away? "Because 360 owners want it on 360, obviously", he quips.....

Phil Harrison offered a very candid response to concerns that PS3 doesn't have enough third-party exclusives. When asked if it was concerning that a game such as Grand Theft Auto IV was being released simultaneously on PS3 and Xbox 360, Harrison did not appear worried.

He stressed that third-party exclusives would come in good time. The newly-announced PlayStation Edge toolset is expected to help ease development for PS3, particularly for cross-platform titles. Titles using PS Edge could come as early as this fall, because the tools are "simple to implement."

As for losing GTA IV, Harrison said that the PlayStation 3 was not suitable to be the exclusive home of Rockstar's upcoming title. "I don't think PS3 has the install base to support Rockstar's investment in GTA IV on its own," Harrison told the assembled bloggers. The first next-gen Grand Theft Auto game likely cost Rockstar considerable money and development time. That being such, it couldn't have sold enough copies on PS3 alone to make exclusivity worthwhile. In the future, as the number of PS3s in homes grows, it should become easier to nab major exclusives.

Last edited:
How are PS3 numbers going to grow if it doesn't have exclusive titles? Anyone else see the catch 22 here?

I'm not going to buy a PS3 when I can play the games on 360?

Back