PS3 surpasses 5 million units sold in UK

hybrid -x1

~graceful assassin~
Sep 14, 2010
Shooting Star Suimmit
Wii Online Code
1000-2000-3000-4000
1dE5A.png

Sony has announced that cumulative sales of the PlayStation 3 have surpassed 5 million units in the UK.

First brought to the UK & Europe in 2007, this milestone coincides with the launch of the recently re-designed, smaller and lighter 500GB hard drive PS3 model which marks the third evolution of the console’s design.

Meanwhile, a further variation on this latest design – the 12GB ‘family-friendly model’ – launches on 12th October, as Sony look to compete with both Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Nintendo’s soon to be released Wii successor, the Wii U.

‘This is another historic moment for the PlayStation brand, and something I’m incredibly proud of,’ said Fergal Gara (VP and Managing Director UK & Ireland). ‘I’d like to thank all our consumers, retailers and 3rd party partners for helping us achieve this figure, and look forward to continued success.’

Source: Independent.co.uk

My Thoughts: Erm...okay Sony....that's cool I guess? Anyway Wii achieved this goal a loong ass time ago.

Just sayin'...

What fantastic news. ¬_¬ Sony is to consoles as Ninty is to handhelds: new models time and again. ... Microsoft is guilty of the same even moreso actually, so nevermind that moot point.

If the cost isn't significantly decreased from the current model's, this won't even take a chip outta the Wii U's sales. :lol:

Back