Question about Wii component cables

Kramer318

WiiChat Member
Dec 21, 2006
It seems like all the component cable variations look similar. I have a setup where I plug the video cables into the TV and the Audio cables into a reciever, that's about 4 feet away.

Would I just have to get a couple of AV extension cables for the Audio, or are there any component cables that would allow me to do what I described above.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know of any extension cables just for the audio on component cables off hand, but you probably could do that. Or just get really long component cables and use a twist tie to shorten the video cables or something.

I did search dude. And if you can find a post on whether or not all 3rd party component cables for the Wii (there seem like quite a few these days) needed audio extension cables, let me know. Otherwise don't make me look like some lazy poster.

Kramer318 said:
I did search dude. And if you can find a post on whether or not all 3rd party component cables for the Wii (there seem like quite a few these days) needed audio extension cables, let me know. Otherwise don't make me look like some lazy poster.
Search doesn't just include on the forum. If you want to know if there are any component cables with extra length for audio, search google! There are a million component cable posts because people don't search. I'm not going to do it for you, but I'll at least link you.

You think I didn't search google? Why do you think I'm asking this question in the first place? Google doesn't have all the answers. Just hoping an expert or 2 might know of some little known 3rd party Wii component cable that could do what I asked above.

Nevermind.....

Last edited:
Kramer318 said:
You think I didn't search google? Why do you think I'm asking this question in the first place? Google doesn't have all the answers. Just hoping an expert or 2 might know of some little known 3rd party Wii component cable that could do what I asked above.

Nevermind.....

Dude all of krypten's posts are telling people how they arent using the forums or the internet correctly(he's quite the forum nazi). I have seen someone post this before wondering about the audio section of the component cables. I think their solution was just finding some sort of extension cable for the audio outputs. I dont know about your tv but mine has audio outputs, so I can play the sound from anything I have plugged into my tv on my surround sound.

Sounds like the route I'll take. Not really what I was hoping for but it'll do the job. Thx.

EasyTarget said:
Dude all of krypten's posts are telling people how they arent using the forums or the internet correctly(he's quite the forum nazi). I have seen someone post this before wondering about the audio section of the component cables. I think their solution was just finding some sort of extension cable for the audio outputs. I dont know about your tv but mine has audio outputs, so I can play the sound from anything I have plugged into my tv on my surround sound.
Maybe if I could find a useful thread in between this mess of QUESTIONS ASKED 50 TIMES A DAY, I wouldn't have to. Until then, I will. We've already established that he needs extensions, read the first and third post.

Kramer: if you searched and didn't find them, a good assumption would be that they aren't out there.

Back