Questions about Brawl Online: Please Confirm

RPGMasterTurk91

Turkish RPG Master
Aug 2, 2006
Somewhere in New Jersey
It's true that if you play an "anyone" match, you can only do two-minute Brawls, right? Also, you can't have a friend in the same household play for team battle (anyone) online right?

Finally, does anyone know anything about Nintendo fixing the internet problem? It seems that nothing has been done yet, I was just wondering if there are any sources claiming that they are "working on it and should be running smoother soon" or somethng like that. As we all know by now, the amount of online players have decreased immensely, and the lag issues remain a problem... People have left not only because of time, but also because the crappy internet connection for the ultimate competitive Multiplayer game for the Wii (SSBB) has failed people and they have just quit altogethert trying online matches, for the most part. So any news on that that anyone knows of, besides the "new servers bought one week after the release date", which does not seem to be true.

there has been improvement on 1v1 lag from what i've seen if you aren't too far away from your friend. and if its within friends then yes you can have any kind of brawl you want. it plays exactly the same way it would if you were sitting beside each other

i played thas in ontario from alberta and it was horrible. too laggy. mohh2 has better online.

for awesome (for wii) online experience, invest in mario kart. it wont disappoint.

^ how do you know when the game is far from being out? thats what people said about brawl to
and it works fine if your within the same province i've found

spiff-ssbb said:
there has been improvement on 1v1 lag from what i've seen if you aren't too far away from your friend. and if its within friends then yes you can have any kind of brawl you want. it plays exactly the same way it would if you were sitting beside each other

Well I'm saying say you're sitting right next to each other. You see I wanna do an "anyone" team match with my bro, but it won't let us--it only lets one of us go at a time. I know the "friend" matches offer a few more options, in terms of well...options. You have more options then, and it is more convenient. But what about the "play with anyone" team matches? You're doomed to playing on your own, right? You can't have a friend sitting next to you and brawl it out then?

i'm pretty sure they made all the with anyone matches the same to simplify it. but yes with friends you can have team battles, stock battles, items on or off. anything you can do from the character selection screen without pressing back can be done with friends. but unfortunately there are no such options with anyone.

Does anyone know if the matches (even with friends) are region locked? I know that you can still make anyone your brawl friend. I've managed brawls quite nicely with people from Texas, but I can't seem to join some peoples games... I suspect that they may be too far away or something...

smash online is exactly like the the rest of the wii's online features: Disappointing. The only time I got 'With anyone' to work was the first night the game was realeased at like 3 A.M. and the only time I got "with a friend" to work was with my friend who lives 4 blocks away.

well, i think nintendo brawl online experience has improve, ive brawl with a dude on florida, im at mexico, with no lag. few days ago i cant brawl with anyone, right now are only a few ones..

wiiwii said:
smash online is exactly like the the rest of the wii's online features: Disappointing. The only time I got 'With anyone' to work was the first night the game was realeased at like 3 A.M. and the only time I got "with a friend" to work was with my friend who lives 4 blocks away.

lol I know right. It's certainly not as convenient as its competitors and the system, as many will agree, is very...inconvenient, to say the least... And even though the service is free, it came with the console and was free so that it could sell more. Internet access comes free so you wouldn't have to worry about inputing information and you would just buy the Wii with unlimited internet access. Though if they did make you pay--even just $2.00 a month, they'd make a fortune. But no matter how much you have to pay--$10.00 or $1.00, there is still the process of purchasing the service which many parents are not in favor of (credit card information giving and such).

spiff-ssbb said:
^ how do you know when the game is far from being out? thats what people said about brawl to
and it works fine if your within the same province i've found

well what my point is that i was playing medal of honor, a cheaply developed game, with thas in ontario and it was very smooth. no lag. after i got brawl, i tried playing with him but its was very laggy so its sad.

as for mario kart online best for wii yet, i have a source here
read the whole thing.

Well I live in Texas, played Celeste from Canada and we get no lag whatsoever for Brawl...Must be our connections' quality.

{Axtlár} said:
Well I live in Texas, played Celeste from Canada and we get no lag whatsoever for Brawl...Must be our connections' quality.

really, thats weird. btw who won?

Well...I did...I beat her most of the time we play since she's still learning and I goof around sometimes, but I'm gonna be training her to be very good.
Do I have your code yet, Vashii?

{Axtlár} said:
Well...I did...I beat her most of the time we play since she's still learning and I goof around sometimes, but I'm gonna be training her to be very good.
Do I have your code yet, Vashii?

um arent u supposed to know if u gave added me?:lol: :lol: :lol:

ill add u today. although it will be laggy. add me to your wii console to so we can send each other videos and snapshots.

Back