Questions/Problems: USB devices 40gb PS3

SensesFail

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Ohio
So today i decided that it's time to use that 22+ gigs left on my PS3's hard drive and it's also time to start using my PS3 to it's full potential. So i gathered up all my USB devices to see what i could do. I also downloaded 4 demos and a several trailers just for the heck of it.

Here is what happened. I plugged in the usb mouse and it's working really well on the PS3 interface as well as the store/web browser. My 2 MP3 players and Flash drives, however are not.

My 360 recognizes my MP3 players and flash drive and can play music off of them without a problem, but my PS3 doesnt.

Flash Drive: recognizes it's a flash drive and even the brand of it but says theres no music on it, and there is.

Newer MP3 player: "unrecognized usb device" or somethign like that. basically its saying "what the heck did u just plug into me"

Older MP3 player: again, recognizes it's an mp3 player and it's brand but says theres no music on it.

So my quesion is this, is the 40gb model not capable or did i do something wrong? i did enable WMA playback, that's not the problem anyways but just thought i'd throw that out there.

If you can help me with my problem i think some REP is deserved.

Thanks,
~SensesFail

You have to make a file in the usb device named "MUSIC", capitals and exact spelling are needed, And put all your music files in there. Same with movies and such on memory sticks. Don't know about the mp3 players, mine works fine.

also you can select your device (in the music menu) and press the triangle button. Then select "display all". This will give you a listing of all your folders and files stored in the usb device. That way you can navigate to where you have your music stored.

Back