Rate This Game: SSX Blur

WeToYou

WiiChat Member
Jan 20, 2007
I think it would be fun for a thread dedicate to just rating a game out of 10. A good way for people to know if it's a good game to buy or not...

So let's do it up:

I rate this game 8.7/10, a great, great game. You really need to get used to the controls, but after you get the hang of it, it's truly hard to put down. I really enjoyed the graphics, and the tournament style of career is really fun. I would have liked a bit more customization(different clothes you can buy with money you earned from a tournament maybe?) but other then that, worth the 60 Canadian bucks I coughed up for it.

I will give this game a 5/10 I'm sorry but the moves are limited, (flips, spins and "Uber" tricks.) The graphics are ok but i actually think the blue coming oƒf the snowboard/skiis takes away some of the realism. And im having so much trouble doing some of these tricks, all i can do first try is the zig zag. The debth is good, has some unlockables and will keep you playing but it is frusturating trying to pull of some moves.

its a good game, dont get me wrong, i just picked it up yesterday. at first i didnt like it, mainly becuase it was really really hard to get used to. it took me at least 15 mintues to get the uber moves right. but after i played it for a bit and got a hang of the controls, it got a lot more fun. i would have liked a create a character, or something to make them more customizable, but oh well. i give it a 7 out of 10.

Just got it tonight. It's rough to get the controls down at first, the tutorials help...alot. It took me forever to get the hang of the half pipe though. I'm talking 5 or 6 runs just to get the 3rd place. The tricks are limited, only 4 grabs, and back/ front flip, and drawing uber pics is damn near impossible (Ive only gotten it once.) But once you get a hang of the controls it's really fun. it's awesome to pull of big tricks and land them smoothly, you see the character react. I also like the groove system, how the music responds to how well you're doing. The graphics are pretty nice for the Wii, I've only noticed one drop in frame rate....and it was right when one of the tutorials started. And on my screen at least, the colors are very nice.

all in all I'd say eeeeehhhhhh

8/10

After 20 hours of playing it, you'll love it.

I absolutely love this game .... True it did take a half day or so to get the control scheme down and be able to pull off uber tricks, but this game has great depth and will keep you playing.

Ubers are not impossible if you keep your wiimote and nunchuck completely horrizonal and don't try to point to the screen. The sensor is not used to draw those, so as long as you make the motions it doesn't matter where you point the wiimote.

So just keep them level and you can do an uber almost everytime.
Great game... I would have liked to have voices for characters though. :( And more tracks would have been nice. They could have had all the old tracks they have right now and then like 3 new ones.

I like this game a lot! The Ubertricks are pretty hard to do but what really helped me was the training in the menu at career mode (press +, go down 2 or 3 times and you will see "Ubertricks"). I just unlocked the 1st 2 Ubertricks after the heart (they give you the heart to begin with). What frustrates me most is that one of the Ubertricks is a squigly type shape and sometimes when I do it, the Wii recognizes it as the loop (1st or 2nd Ubertrick they give you to begin with). Then, the other one I unlocked is kind of stupid because whenever I attempt drawing it, the Wii doesn't recognize my drawing.

Also, I have problems with the grabs. My character does a Mute most of the time, even when I roll the Nunchuk in different directions.

I rate this game a sold 8 out of 10.

Hint: Start your spin first, then execute the grab. For some reason whenever I try to grab then start the spin it doesn't go off very well.

Back