Rechargable battery pack kills Remotes !

wilx

WiiChat Member
Aug 6, 2007
Hi,
I purchased the joytech powerstaion rechargable battery pack for my wii remotes ( it has 2 batteries and 2 docking stations) I put it on charge , waited for LED to go green.When I took it out , the batteries were well warm, but now neither controller will work! No LEDs on the handset will light on pressing buttons, and it is the same if I put brand new Alkaline AAs in them, they are both completely dead! Even tho I knew it was a waste of time , I have tried to sync them with the Wii....please if anyone knows of any way to fix this , please let me know. It was quite a warm day , and as I say the batteries were very hot, I cna only assume the heat has killed them. Now I don't know what to do, cos if I send 2 back to Nintendo under warrenty, they will think its strange they have both gone at the same time

Any advice appreciated

You say it like all battery packs kill remotes. I had mine for months now and my remotes still work. They arent the same brand as yours though. I find them dying faster sometimes more than others. Nintendo should replace yours

LilWiiWii said:
You say it like all battery packs kill remotes. I had mine for months now and my remotes still work. They arent the same brand as yours though. I find them dying faster sometimes more than others. Nintendo should replace yours
But will nintendo say hard luck as its not their equipment that has killed them? Well on another forum someone has said that that chargers do kill them. Under sertain conditions ( i think if the batterys are very flat) The charger will put 5v into the handset..as the romote works off 3V, this could cause damage.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo won't be sympathetic

Im "not" recommending this but make up a story that fits your warranty. say they died and wont work for "some odd reason" and/or if you dont feel comfortable saying two broke at the same time send one in then the other next week or so.....
This is what I would do..

ive got a GAME charger and it killed one of my remotes, this problem seems to be happening a lot, bit of advise, get rechargable aa batteries, not a charging dock

I have read several times with report like this. I do not recommend getting those WiiMote chargers but just using NiMH rechargeable batteries. A charger needs to put higher voltage than the battery to have it charged. A good charger would have a microprocessor that control the amount of current passing through depending on the charging level of the battery and it will cut off the current when the battery is charged. In a poor charger, this current regulation may be poor or lacking. In addition, the voltage regulation may be bad too. As a result, you are passing through excessive power to your WiiMote while it is sitting on the dock. Afterall, those chargers cost 5 times of 4 AA NiMH batteries that you may have a charger got them at home already.

Back