Red Dead Redemption needs a movie/TV series

Splash_King

The Scrubbiest of Hunters
Jan 25, 2009
Nimbasa City
Wii Online Code
0129-0129-0129-0129
Beware them spoiler comments like never before, partners.

[video=youtube;HeC6hKZDPag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeC6hKZDPag&feature=related[/video]

It's not that I never thought this prior to watchin' the above video, but seein' it take form as an actual short film makes it even more apparent what impeccable potential RDR has to be a grandeur modern Western. 'Specially if John were t' be portrayed by a good actor lawl. I think it'd be incredibly manageable to adapt RDR's story into whatever sort'a media, particularly a movie or two (or three even, one per act with the final act also in the third film).

It's official, my status as fanboy is concrete since I've stated the target of my affections should become a movie.

I completely forgot t' answer that. And lookee here, auto-save still has everythin' I wrote. :lol:

Everyone knows cowboys 'n shootists ain't the focus of American cinema anymore, the market for A-list Westerns is mighty small in recent years. On that topic, last I checked Django Unchained did mighty well, so the market certainly ain't unfriendly to a good Western these days. Another example is the following: ya may or may not of seen this lil' TV series. Not a Western in terms of time periods portrayed, but I felt t'was executed incredibly well in regards to time period accuracy in essentially every venue. With said example in mind, cinematography has obviously matured leaps and bounds since the times when Westerns were common. If a modern Western were to reflects the classic feel Westerns were once loved for, as well as ooze that artistic progress the higher echelon of professional cinema has seen in both technology and plot tellin', it'd likely make for somethin' real grand cinematography has yet to be blessed by.

As for RDR's actual content havin' good potential for becomin' a series, the game has some mighty memorable characters with some grand ol' dialogue; includin' Johnny boy himself. Likewise, though the plot is simple it's executed more than well enough. I certainly found it memorable thanks to said characters. Good characters played by goods actors makes for successful things, t'is simple as that. Speakin' again of simple, RDR doesn't have some retardedly complex plot. It doesn't need t' cut corners to be TV/cinema adapted or simplify things. It's quite less likely t' be butchered or dumbed down for whatever reasons dubbed necessary by the director(s). Another important detail is the content matter of RDR's plot isn't so shallow that anyone who's interested in somethin' more than gunplay, Wild West action and one-liners won't end up disappointed by a lackluster plot. It readily appeals t' a wide audience in game form and certainly would also do the same on the ol' big screen.

Finally, RDR's plot can be readily segmented into either multiple movies thanks to the game occurin' in three clear acts, or episodes thanks to how missions are quite literally episodic in nature. Better yet, Marston does a lot of **** that ain't main missions. Less important main missions can be accompanied by various things like Marston's travels and encounters with Strangers, various world interactions like random encounters with bandits and other such occurances which lack story-based substance since they're gameplay elements. There's leverage t' make the RDR adaption(s) flow even better than say, the RDR short film.

... Mind you, I'm perfectly aware of how often game-movies and vice versa are (ohai thread Bloke made recently). Whatever potential RDR has to be adapted into cinema or TV series could be utterly destroyed in an instant if Michael Bay were to get his hands on the project's reigns, and that fact certainly don't make me happy.

Last edited:
I s'pose Clint would make for an interestin' Uncle, although Uncle is a lazy ol' bastard as opposed to an angry one...

Do you think anyone should truly make this Movie/TV show happen? If so, what characters do you think should star in? I think the Narrator should be Morgan Freeman. And the RDR should be like a spaghetti western movie. IMO

Not really, it ain't like Red Dead Redemption screams t' be made into a non-gaming incarnation. My point was simply that if it happened, it could most certainly be somethin' grand. Only reason I made this thread thread was just t' further instate I'm a RDR fanboy. :lol:

I don't give a flyin' **** 'bout movies, so I literally can't name a single famous (modern) actor off the top'a my head. Even if I could, don't care for that sort'a thing, discussin' who'd fit what roles perfectly. Y'all feel free t' throw out names though.

And the RDR should be like a spaghetti western movie.

Damn, f***, man.:lol: It was only my opinion! What, my opinion sucks?! Here is what I think about yours:

129167586636177506.gif

Y'all feel free t' throw out names though.
You should know about Morgan Freeman. Aaand everybody else I should throw names at you!!! *gets ready to throw*..........let me think.lol

I think a game is better than a movie or tv-serial could ever be, because in a game you actually control the events.
So, I do not see a point making a movie out of a game, any game.

Not even pokemon.

Now, that's just blasphemous. All'a the people who dedicate their lives t' other art forms would have your head on a Phalanx Pike for that.

Vidya gaems are obviously the most immersing of entertainment mediums and generally give ya the most bang for your pokedollar. But to say one art form is blatantly better than the other is absurd.

Back