regarding my age and age in general

skidmarx

semi-pro thumb jockey
May 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Wii Online Code
5556-6677-7123-4567
I'm nearly 33 and sometimes it is tough being on a forum dominated by teenagers. I've been at the site long enough to watch some of you grow up into fine young gentleman and ladies and it is nice that we have a lot more to talk about :thumbsup: as a sidenote we often get questions from parents about their children's wiis and those are often my favorite posts to answer.

i'm wondering if members should be forced to show their age on their profiles or better yet next to their posts. sure it could be lied about but people in general are not dishonest about that.

i think dprinny would be the best one to ask this as he is close to my age and deals with teenagers well. other...

Last edited:
well im 5 years off you, im 28 (along with my partner 25) with 4 dependents. I see your point about the age ranges on here, but thats just it being down to a Wii forum and dedicated long term members.

I think the future of this board relies on the fact that teenagers are coming to the site and that the long term members also stick around, not only do the older members have (in most cases) a decent amount of knowledge, but the older members will tend to enforce the rules, and correct wrong-doers

Im not sure about having members ages next to their posts but maybe their year of birth on the profile page, like you said about people faking their age, it happens but most are quite truthful about it.

Maybe the 'Introduce Yourself' forum rules could be altered to politely ask for the members ages, just so that other members know ahead of time... ?

Last edited:
30 with one dependant (Parrot).
Possibly the future of this site is all down to when the next Nintendo console is out. Might see if I can just get them to plonk all this forum under a new domain name (Worked for my site try putting Darkprinny.com into your web address and it auto redirects to my new one)
A lot of people dont really want to give there age away.
Us older ones do tend to know a fiar bit about these Wiis

Ok maybe not as much me as im old school

i'm 12 and i dissembled and resembled my wii all by myself and hacked it (sorry for saying that don't ban me) i know the in's and out's of my wii and nintendo 3DS and the full specs of my laptop and i know how to program in c++ vbs and batch and i'm oney 12 :papermario:

Last edited:
In soviet russia, old thread revives YOU!

:lol: still this is still a valid topic. I mean I want to talk about war and booze on an all ages forum. A good point that this 12 year old still realizes he has intelligence to do adult things. I for instance could program a vic20/commodore64 computer long before 12 and many adults at the time were still baffled by just turning such a computer on.

jeffrocks still made a good bump and YES funny how i forgot this thread. Any more comments still welcome.....

As a thirty about to be 31 year old I also have the same concerns concerning certain sites good to know this site seems to be a good range of ages.

Age doesn't matter.
A teen can engage in an intelligent conversation with an adult, especially on a forum.

As long as the teen(s) don't get cocky over the adults, or vice-versa, then everything is fine.

As for the whole being-dominated thing, that just happens.
Shouldn't be much of a big-deal, though. When I'm much older, I'll still be kicking around in a few forums.

Well well, another proper thread revival. And by Boz none the less. :lol:

Age doesn't matter.
A teen can engage in an intelligent conversation with an adult, especially on a forum.

This, as rare as it is. 90% of kids are, obviously, rambunctious misbehaving annoyances. Particularly on the internet. But, a 50 year old troll can be just as antagonizing. Likewise, that's quite rare (do tell if you've encountered a troll so old :lol: ). My point is, I don't give a damn about someone's age in regards to this matter. If they can behave with proper mannerisms and in the case of forums, the rules, I've no problem with 'em. If they're intelligent and are a pleasure to communicate with, even better.

Old, young, or in between, people are people. Some are chill, some (er... most) are idiots. I say judge a man by his character, not his age; and for that matter, judge a man with nothing to due with any sort of prejudice, but that's not for this thread, lol.

:lol:

I am not obvious, rambunctious, or misbehaving... D:

Nor am I annoying unless I want to be; something everyone has the capacity for, eh?

Back