Rematch WiiChat vs Gamefaqs

Koopa007

Mushroom Kingdom
Oct 29, 2011
Belgium
Wii Online Code
0007-0007-0007-0007
Hi guys,

i just posted this on Gamefaqs, with any luck there is a positive response like last time:

Not so long ago we had ourselves a fun tourney in which players from mainly WiiChat went up against players from mainly Gamefaqs. Now today i ran into a guy named Diego[WC], and the tag reminded me of that, and made me rewatch Yoshi montage of it.
Since we all had fun that time, i was wondering if maybe we could do it again.
Find a good date, so that enough players from both sides can team up.

As to where we can come together before the match i was possible thinking of Tampa recently launched Chatzy. But since that can only contain 8 ppl at one time apparantly, maybe some else has a better chat to go to.As to cap restrictions and stuff, personally i think it would be most fun if we used a 52-54 ban, an no toob, but that is just me. I'll leave that up for debate.

I'd be game if the time works for me, as I have a job and infant to limit my availability.

As to where we can come together before the match i was possible thinking of Tampa recently launched Chatzy. But since that can only contain 8 ppl at one time apparantly, maybe some else has a better chat to go to.As to cap restrictions and stuff, personally i think it would be most fun if we used a 52-54 ban, an no toob, but that is just me. I'll leave that up for debate.

FYI - the chatzy site can hold up to 10 people, and that doesn't count registered users like me, cat, and sevenofnine. So basically, 10 people plus me.

Oh...and I'm down for this again.

Update:
So far we have (more can still join if they want ofc.):

WiiChat:
-Hyper
-Koopa
-Tampa
-Yoshi
-T-Mac
-Trevelyan
-Some1 named Bakura epressed interest as well, but don't really know/heard of him.

Gamefaqs:
- Medina
-GrayFox
-Double0Steve
- Kusanagi
- RSMiami

For WiiChat i got everyone's FC in my FL list except for T-mac, and Bkura
Gamefaqs, i'm sure some1 of you got all those listed in their FC list.

As to a possible date:
I was thinking maybe next week on the 9th of februari @ 17 pm Eastern Time/22pm GMT time. That way both PAL and NTSC can play. Chatzy Tampa has told me can hold 10 persons, so it's a bit too small. So if anyone knows a chat we can use to communicate.
(So as to let the trolling go smoothly). As for region, i'm willing to try it OFF first, but if you think it's best to slap a region ON from the getgo, i was thining Belgium. As from as i know i am the only Belgian that plays GE on the Wii. But i'm known to have been wrong before.

--> Bakura can you tell me your lvl,and FC so i can add you on my FC list.
If you can make it ofc.

Last edited:
Seems to be a lot of players on Wiichat compared to Faqs at the moment. Hopefully some more Faqs members join in so I can join the fun. ^^

Actually there are more Faqs players than Wiichat since then, we need more wiichat players lol

I think the "ideal" situation would be to have one PAL's only match and one NTSC's only match. Then just add the total scores from both to determine a winner. But that would require a lot more players. Nevermind, Koop. Continue with what you were doing... LOL

I think the "ideal" situation would be to have one PAL's only match and one NTSC's only match. Then just add the total scores from both to determine a winner. But that would require a lot more players. Nevermind, Koop. Continue with what you were doing... LOL

Actually it wouldn't require any more players to do 2 wars as that could be done with region on. Doing a 2 v 2 region on is a bit of a pain as you struggle to find each other on some maps, trust me i've done it. But 3 v 3 isn't bad from experience. Wii Chat has 3 PALs and 3 NTSC on the roster above and faqs could easily round up enough for that.

The games are MUCH less hassle with region on, if randoms do join then you just change region to an obscure one.

Wilmer007, this is for fun, so you can join as long as you keept to the rules:
lvl 52-54 ban and no toob.
Pm me your fc (and if possible lvl) so i can add you to my FL list, dont glitch me though pls.

I've also just posted the following update on FAQS:
Alright: an update:

So far the following people have expressed an interest:

Wiichat:
Hyper, Tampa, Koopa, Yoshi, Cali, Trevelyan, Kabutops*Man --> When i was typing this i felt like aside from Kabutops, E7 was warring the whole of FAQS Lol. Strange how only 3 players outside of E7 expressed an interest in this. It's just for fun after all. (Ofc. it would be nice if we did well)
(as well as the following players that i in truth don't really know: Bakura and Wilmer007)

FAQS:
T-Mac, Medina, GrayFox, Double0Steve, Kusanagi, RSMiami, Trenchee, MK ERMAC, Kukumber_Kev, Majora

I was thinking we could get together on the following provided chat http://ironsightge.webs.com/ and decide there amongst who'll go first, ....

Then now for the questions:
-Everyone fine with a toob and 52-54 ban?
-Is there a need for a region? and if so, is everyone okay with setting it as Belgium?
- Everyone fine with the current date/time:

Sunday 10th of february 17pm EST/ 22pm GMT?

Last edited:
Koopa, you can't do regions when it's a mix of PAL and NTSC in the lobby. Only PAL players will have the Belgium region so if it's a mix you will have to have region off. That's why I suggested 2 wars as a good idea in my earlier post :)

Ah, k didn't know that
haven't played many wars before

I am pretty certain now that I'll be able to join in on Sunday.

So, who won the last Gamefaqs v WiiChat?

Back