Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Squall7

A li'l bit different
May 17, 2006
Cornwall, UK
Wii Online Code
8420-0141-9022-6948
I've just looked up wikipedia and found the write up for Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicals.

Source

wikipedia said:
Gameplay is a mix between using the Wii Remote as a light gun and Resident Evil 4's. For example, pressing A on the controller at certain times will initiate interactive scenes. It features scenarios from Resident Evil (the mansion incident, where in one scenario you play as Albert Wesker instead of Chris or Jill), Resident Evil 2 (Raccoon Police Department), [[esident Evil 3[[ (Raccoon City Viral Outbreak), and Resident Evil 4 (in the village) and ties gaps in the various games, especially between Resident Evil Code: Veronica and Resident Evil 4 [4]. Despite having Resident Evil 4's camera, the game will not be as action-orientated as RE4 was; conserving ammo and healing items will be just as important in Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles as it was in the original Resident Evil games. A noted ability in the game is that to shoot down doors, instead of having to continually open and close them. This, however, has the side-effect of allowing enemies to move from room to room. Famitsu, a Japanese game-related magazine, has reported on Umbrella Chronicles, providing the following information:

*The game consists of four "chapters", set in Resident Evil's mansion, Resident Evil 2's Raccoon Police Department, Resident Evil 3's city areas and Resident Evil 4's village (plus surrounding areas).

*Each chapter has two characters to choose from. That in Resident Evil's Mansion has Jill and Chris as selectable characters, that in Resident Evil 2's RPD has Leon and Claire, that in Resident Evil 3's city areas has Jill and Carlos, and that in Resident Evil 4's village has Leon and Ada.

*Unlockable characters are said to include Rebecca Chambers, HUNK and Albert Wesker.

*All characters will have melee attacks.

*To encourage replayablility, each character will have strengths and weaknesses, similar to how in the Mercenaries minigame in Resident Evil 4, Ada had the least health, and Krauser was the slowest for example.

*Each character has a unique set of weapons, but players may only carry two weapons at any one time.

*You will be able to find several new weapons during each stage, which appear to be associated to that particular stage. For example, in the Resident Evil chapter, Richard's shotgun can be unlocked, whilst in Resident Eil 2, one can unlock the Desert Eagle gun, and in Resident Evil 4 's chapter, one can unlock the Chicago typewriter.

*Similar to Devil May Cry 3, after each chapter you can save your data and any new weapons attained will be available for use in Arcade Mode, which will be like a bigger version of the Mercenaries minigame of Resident Evil 4

*Scenario Mode will feature a large number of in-game cutscenes.

*New content, not in the games that the chapters were based on, will be added. The primary goal of this will be to link Resident Evil 4, and the Umbrella Corporation's status in it, more closely with the rest of the series.

It also states: "A new trailer can be expected at this year's Tokyo Game Show."

Very exciting for the Resident Evil fans out there.

NeMeZyZ said:
hmm thats seems interesting.....i'm tired of zombies tho, zomebies are gay already

SERIOUSLY when RE4 had no zombies i thought it was the gayest thing ever, and if you even have played a RE you will know zombies are pretty much just the starter enemies, then it always moves on to more harder enemies. after the first parts of the game zombies are just "here and therE"

biohazard is the name for resident evil everywhere except for USA, go figure! i think biohazard sounds cooler and fits the game better. juts like soccer and futball, USA is rebelious, go figure!

Sovieto said:
biohazard is the name for resident evil everywhere except for USA, go figure! i think biohazard sounds cooler and fits the game better. juts like soccer and futball, USA is rebelious, go figure!
The game is called "Resident Evil" over here in the UK too...

...I thought it was only called BioHazard in Japan?! (BioHazard does make more sense...in the game, there are BioHazard rooms, arent there? Where experiments had taken place?)

O RLY? its called resident evil in UK too...hmm i asumed that at first since were both english peeps but hmm, ok so lemme restate that, its biohazard everywhere in the world except for UK and USA.
and well yah biohazard also becuase well, everything umbrella did was pretty much biohazardious, then it broke out.

Does this mean the Wii's RE game will include ALL 4 RE games we know so far? Or just parts of each ones?

Yeah i'm also a bit confused as to this. I'm thinking that it might be a shortened version of each game or maybe something like a 4 disc set maybe?

borfa said:
Does this mean the Wii's RE game will include ALL 4 RE games we know so far? Or just parts of each ones?

According to the article above it would include only certain parts from each game (no.1's mansion, no. 2's police station, etc.).

no, its suppose to tie in what happens between RE1 and RE2 and RE3 and most important of all RE4, if your a RE gamer you will know they keep you asking a lot of questions

Back