Retro Rewind: Top Ten 10 Best Zelda Games

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
10. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages (Game Boy Color, 2001)

Nintendo's Game Boy Color Zelda releases, the Oracle of Seasons and the Oracle of Ages, are refreshing entries in the series. Both games interact via two separate GBC systems and a link cable, the first Zelda releases to do so. They're difficult to find, but worth tracking down if you're up for some old school adventuring.

9. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (Game Boy Advance, 2002)

In 2002, a Game Boy Advance port of The Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past came to the United States, along with a new playable multiplayer game called Four Swords. In it, separate players control different-colored Link characters as they work together to complete an epic quest. The game was such a hit that Nintendo prepared a separate adventure for the GameCube, titled Four Swords Adventures. It's an acquired taste, but one many Zelda fans savor.

8. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Game Boy Advance, 2005)

Nintendo delivered another traditional Legend of Zelda adventure for the Game Boy Advance in 2005 with the release of The Minish Cap. In the game, Link changes size thanks to a magical cap called Ezlo. This charming dynamic enables players to experience things from a bug's point of view, opening up different challenges.

7. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo DS, 2007)

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass uses the same animation style as the Wind Waker, going for the traditional hand-drawn approach rather than the "mature" look. However, this suits the game well. The touch-screen controls (drawing out the path of your boomerang, etc.) are great, and the multiplayer component, supported by Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection, is a nice touch.

6. The Legend of Zelda (NES, 1987)

The Legend of Zelda got its start on the Nintendo Entertainment System, introducing the world to a trailblazing new adventure from gaming mastermind Shigeru Miyamoto. Players were first introduced to the heart system here, as well as the powerful Triforce artifact.

5. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Game Boy, 1993)

Many fans were hungry for a portable Zelda adventure on the same level as the previous NES and SNES releases, and they got it in 1993 with Link's Awakening. This Game Boy Color-compatible game features a dynamic new quest, as Link awakens on an island (away from his home land of Hyrule) and takes on a new monstrous force. The game was well-received, and is worth tracking down if you have access to a Game Boy Color or Game Boy Advance system.

4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GameCube, 2003)

Nintendo shook up the Zelda franchise tremendously with the release of The Wind Waker for the GameCube. It uses a cell shaded art style that some gamers couldn't stand (compared to the more "mature" Zelda look from Ocarina of Time). With that said, the game is amazing, with challenging dungeons and a nice sailing element. And despite the controversy over its visuals, the animations' are excellent -- except for the kid who's got a snot bubble hanging from his nose. Yech.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii/GameCube, 2006)

In 2006, gamers received their "mature" adventure with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Nintendo Wii. Utilizing motion controls, wolf transformations, awesome horseback riding sequences and spectacular graphics and sound, the game became an instant favorite amongst the Nintendo elite. A GameCube version helped mark the end of Nintendo's small but strong console.

2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past (SNES, 1992)

A Link To the Past reintroduced the overhead adventure dynamic that the original Zelda is known for. The game changes between two types of worlds -- Light and Dark -- as Link continues on his quest to stop Ganondorf. The game became an instant hit on the SNES, and ranks highly on our recent Top 25 SNES Games of All Time article. You can download the game now for 800 points through the Wii's Virtual Console service.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64, 1998)

Ocarina of Time marked the 3-D debut for The Legend of Zelda series, and it was a magnificent step forward. Players control Link as he once again faces off against Ganondorf, while solving puzzles and slashing enemies. The graphics and gameplay are considered amongst the best for the Nintendo 64, and the game sold incredibly well as a result. Its follow-up, Majora's Mask, is highly recommended as well, although you need the Expansion Pack in order to play it on an N64 console.

where the hell is majoras mask????????????????????:mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: linkage

List sounds about right, but I would put Majora's Mask in there somewhere too...

Ahh.. Links Awakening brings back memorys...

Good list, and as mentioned before, I would probably stick Majora's Mask in there.

Ocarina beats Twilight? That's just silliness.

Wiibad: If you ever find yourself with a DS, I highly recomend Phantom Hourglass. I think It should have rated higher.

That is strange that Majora's Mask wasn't in there, oh well.

Ocarina of Time definitely deserved number 1, IMO.

Majoras Mask blew big time...doesnt even deserve to be on the VC....
It was a cheap rip off of the Zelda Series in order to make some money by Nintendo...

I never played any of the handheld versions of Zelda. Though when my brother gets out of prison or when he possibly transfer I maybe able to get his DS to try phantom hourglass which I hear is really good.

I played all the console zeldas except Majoras Mask which I heard is very similiar to Ocarina of Time?

I personally put Twilight Princess behind Link to the Past. Link to the Past was really fun and still is, but TP is really better. Wind Waker is my least favorite from consoles because the "link" in the game wasn't even really him.

It was one of many Links throughout time. Search "Zelda Timeline".

On Majora's Mask: I used to have it, but I never played through it, and eventually sold it. It's pretty boring imo. Especially the year it came out, because many people had recently finished playing Ocarina, and it was way too similar.

i only played 3 zeldas, links awakening, TP, and the original.

Twilight Princess wasn't that great I think Ocarina of time deserves to be number 1

Although the next zelda game on the wii should be nothing short of spectacular

Back