Robotnik

Bodine

Sonic expert
Jan 25, 2009
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
This is a fanfiction I worked VERY hard on back when I was posting regularly in the Sega forums. It was an idea I had for a war type video game set in the Sonic universe. Not a Real Time Strategy type though, rather a 3rd person shooter, where you have different squads set in different areas of a map, each squad lead by a playable Squad Leader, which you would control and navigate your squad on the map. You would switch which squad you were playing as by bringing up a menu that shows the map and where each squad was set, select the squad and begin playing as the selected squad. The squads you weren't playing as at the time would hold their position and defend themselves until you moved them yourself, or use the map menu to give a specific point for them to advance to while you where playing as a different squad.

I wanted the characters you play as to be fighting for good, but I still wanted it to be Robotnik and his Eggman Army rather than the G.U.N. military force, so this is the fan fiction that came of it. Ill be posting it in bits and pieces, to make it easier to follow seeing as its such a long read. Enjoy.

Chapter 1: The Escape

As he looked upon the chaos brought upon what was once peace and order, all he could do is smile and feel the inevitable sense of pride creeping upon him. This place once considered "beautiful" to most people was slowly being reduced to cinders and ashes by his mechanical troops. This now marks two years of his partial rule over most of the world and he expects to be in this position for a while, and what better way to celebrate two years of horror than crushing their hopes and dreams of rebelling by finally destroying the newly located resistance hide-out? Did they honestly think they could get away with it? Green Hill was just outside of his reach for the longest time, it was almost too obvious.

Suddenly, a cold shiver ran down the mans spine. Was this some type of omen? No, he doesn't believe in such nonsense, there is no fate, no destiny. He knows that he writes his own future, so how can something as silly as an omen exist? Yet he could not shake the feeling, then it became clear. It got colder. For a brief moment the area around him was chillier than before. Why?

The wind. It had been blowing at an even pace throughout the day, so why has it picked up so much just now? He then noticed that it was moving in a circular pattern around him and his hovercraft and one by one, his surrounding guards fell to pieces. The wind stopped, and a figure stands before him. He found it odd-looking. Not very tall at all. Spikes going down the back of it's head and down it's back. It sported white gloves and tacky red sneakers. It had a blue coat of fur save for the brown on it's arms, stomach, and snout. And those eyes. Those bright green eyes that were the first to be noticed by him would later haunt his dreams.

'Erinaceus albiventris.' He thought. 'A hedgehog.' Then it dawned on him. "So," he said, "you're the one that has been causing me all the trouble the past few days I see. I found it hard to believe that one mere little hedgehog could do what various military units have yet to accomplish, yet my machines are programmed not to lie in their reports. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Dr. Robotnik, otherwise known as Dr. Eggman. It is an honor to meet such a formidable being such as yourself." He then gave a sarcastically respectful bow to the hedgehog before him. The hedgehog did not comply with a respectful gesture. On the contrary he was scratching his ear while looking elsewhere as if only half-listening to the doctor.

"Yeah yeah," the hedgehog replied "I know who you are. You're the creep that's been causing all this trouble around the world the past couple of years. The name's Sonic, I'm here to see to it that you can't stir up any more problems." The doctor looked up from his bowed stance. "Oh? Well Sonic I regret to inform you that it wont be as easy as expected. I've yet to fully realize my dream ambitions and I tend to see to it that they are fulfilled. But why waste all of your efforts at such a futile attempt when there are other options? You could join me in my conquest. I could use someone like you in my mission to rule this world. I can see to it that you will have no want in this life. Everything you ever wanted, ever dreamed of could be yours my friend."

Sonic looked at Dr. Eggman as if trying to figure out if he's serious. Then replied. "As if Egg-head. That's not really my style." The hedgehog said with a chuckle, then charged for the doctors hovercraft as it released a giant ball attached by a chain.

Last edited:
I strongly recommend the use of paragraphs. They help reduce walls of text, and feel more welcoming than the former.

I strongly recommend the use of paragraphs. They help reduce walls of text, and feel more welcoming than the former.

You're absolutely right. Editing now, thanks for the tip.

By the by, I'm posting a different thread that is pretty much a data base for characters, groups, weapons, technology, ect. in the story, seeing as there's a lot of names dropped in the story and can get somewhat hard to keep track of who's who, so Ill update the list in that thread as the story progresses. Why I'm bringing this up is because I'm also using that thread as a discussion thread for the story. While I absolutely love feedback, Id prefer it to be found on a different page, to avoid messing with the flow of the story. Ill post a link to the secondary thread in the OP.

Dr. Robotnik started to come to. It seems every time he sleeps he remembers that day, the day all his hopes and dreams would eventually fall. But something was wrong. He was in a strange place. He was tied to an uncomfortable chair with his hands bound behind his back. His head was throbbing with pain and his thoughts were fuzzy.

When he finally gathered himself and reasoning returned to him he realized the situation. He obviously had been rendered unconscious and captured. Was it G.U.N.? Had he finally been arrested? While he was trying to figure out what had happened he heard a voice. "He's awake... Yes sir. He seems fine." The doctor looked up and saw the soldier he had yet to notice. It certainly wasn't a G.U.N. soldier. His equipment and weaponry had been far too advanced for the military group that had failed to capture him in the past. He obviously had been in the presence of a far more superior force than that of G.U.N.

"Where..." Robotnik started to ask but was interrupted by the soldier. "Quiet! You'll be informed soon enough. We will let you know what we want you to know when we want you to know it. Till then sit there at shut up." The soldier exclaimed. Eggman couldn't see his face through the high-tech mask he bore but he could tell he was being hostile, making it more apparent he was not amongst some ally. "Our leader is on his way," the soldier told him, "he'll tell you all that you need to know when he arrives. My apologies for the crude remark just now."

Robotnik let out a small chuckle under his breath. It would seem that the soldiers are ordered to keep him from feeling too uneasy while captured, but have problems with letting their emotions interfere. From this, Eggman gathered with deductive reasoning of what is soon to happen. He'll be asked for his cooperation in return for his freedom.

The electronic doors slid open as two more soldiers entered the room sporting the same equipment as the first. Immediately after walking in they parted and stood beside each side of the doorway. Then what Dr. Robotnik figured to be their leader casually walked into the room. He was young, possibly mid-to-late twenties. Somewhat tall, pale skin. He was thin and had a powerful stance amongst himself. His hair was long and blue, and he had bright green, almost soul-peering eyes. He sported a long black coat that was kept buttoned up and reached almost to his feet. His hands were covered with white leather gloves.

"I do have to say it is a great honor to meet the great Dr. Eggman." he said. His voice was soft yet apparent with his status of authority. "I am Alexander, master and owner of this facility you are currently staying." The young man then gave the doctor a respectful bow. Giving the situation it was obviously sarcastic. "I'm sure the pleasure is all mine Alexander. Don't mind if I get straight to the point but just what is the meaning of all this? I do believe an invitation would have sufficed, unless you have motives that would go against my own..."

Alexander looked back up to the doctor and smirked. "You mean, am I with G.U.N.? You hurt me doctor. I am a mere fan of yours, and have been for quite some time." The doctor grinned at the man. "An admirer aye? I'm flattered." He said sarcastically. Truth be told Dr. Eggman would like nothing more than to see this lad strangled. "Let us get down to business Doctor," said Alexander. "I believe it's time you know the nature of why I had you brought here."

Last edited:
"This is Atika Romero coming at you live from Station Square. Everything is complete shambles as an unknown force attacks the city. Reports are coming in that major cities around the globe are in a similar state of panic as the attacks grow more and more. This military group, calling themselves the Order from what our sources gather continue their assault. Their motives are unclear but one thing is certain, they are certainly a force to be reckoned with."

"So far G.U.N. and various other defensive military groups have failed to put a dent in their defenses and are unable to wear down their continuing offense. As the battles continue questions arise. Why are they attacking us? What do they hope to accomplish? And most importantly, where is Sonic the Hedgehog? The one person the world has fallen back on in our most dire situations, our hero of dark times, has yet to be seen or heard of. Some fear the worse for the fate of the blue vigilante. Information has recently come in stating that Sonic the Hedgehog may have already been disposed of by the Order. This reporter feels the need to add a personal note that I personally pray otherwise."

"Without our usual last line of defense who are we to rely on? G.U.N. officials have stated they have an ace in the hole. Their elite "Team Dark" that has assisted Sonic in the past are expected to pull through for us, but a more recent report from G.U.N. headquarters state that the three man elite team has been reduced to a single soldier, E-123 Omega, a former robot soldier under the command of the infamous Dr. Robotnik but defected to G.U.N., is the only team member to their disposal at the time, and the other members, Shadow the Hedgehog, an experimental 'super soldier' weapon, and Rouge the Bat, a G.U.N. intelligence spy, are now missing in action. Things look very bleak for our future, but rest assured G.U.N. will do everything in their power to keep the Order at bay."

"...This just in! A broadcast has been displayed to every world leader and every monitor screen within every city not under attack at this current time. It's a message to world leaders and the people from the leader of the Order. And we are being asked by the Order themselves to broadcast it on this news station. We have agreed to do so and will be showing you the broadcast at this time."

"Hello, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Alexander, the worlds greatest scientific mind and war tactician, and soon to be the worlds greatest leader. As of this moment I have men causing quite a stir within Station Square, Westopolis, Soleana, and various other cities. Why, you ask? This is merely a glimpse into a future, a future I hope to avoid. My next issue to my men all depends on your actions. Give in to the Order and I can assure a permanent state of global peace, refuse and, well let's say I will be forced to continue my distasteful actions. You have 24 hours to reply. And may I remind you that the troops I have sent out is only the tip of the iceberg. I have yet to truly show my might. I have reserved at the moment thousands of other soldiers back at my base sporting fearfully more advanced weaponry. Not to mention I've yet to even send in my technological wonders. I hope you see things my way and I hope that we can resolve this swiftly with as few casualties as possible. I wish you fair."

Alexander ordered the soldier next to him to turn the monitor off. He put his hands behind his back and returned his attention toward Dr. Robotnik. "This broadcast aired two days ago, just hours before we captured you." Dr. Robotnik looked at the black screen, then back to Alexander with a shocked look upon his face. "You can't just attack blindly like that! Just going into battle with the entire world is foolish! You have to have some sort of strategy. A plan. You don't expect them to hunt you down? You have nothing on them, nothing to bargain with. You wont last much longer." Alexander then sighed.

"Doctor Doctor Doctor, surely you don't take me for such a fool now do you? I have everything I need to see this through. I can't tell you all the details, but I assure you I planned this through. For years now, with your help." Robotnik gave a insulted look at Alexander. "And just what do you mean my help?" "Learn from you're own mistakes. That's quite a common saying isn't it? But it is possible to learn from the mistakes of others as well. More bluntly, yours. You're ambitions were right and your planning was well, but you always seem to fall short on the execution." Robotnik tried to make sense of what he was saying. "I'm not quite sure I follow Alexander." Alexander then began to pace the room while he explained.

"Your plans have all failed for one reason. I'm sure you're aware of what I mean." Robotnik then remembered back to the part of the news report that interested him mostly. "Sonic!?" the Doctor asked. "Quite. You see, you never attempted to get him out of the picture first. You'd go about your plan waiting for him to come into the picture, then you would try to see to it that he doesn't spoil your mission. But, if you take him out of the picture first, he's yet to have a mission of yours to spoil. And he is one admirable adversary to say the very least. I can see how he can come to ruin everything you have going for you. But catch him off guard, attack him unexpectedly, and he's not ready to fight. When he charges into battle he has an unbreakable mind-set. In surprise he struggles get out of the situation, especially if you plan for everything when battling him."

"So what exactly became of Sonic?" Asked Eggman. "Oh, he was disposed of quickly. He thrives off of your long winded speeches and gloating you know. It gives him time to think of a way to stop you. But if you don't give such an opening, he's as good as defeated. My troops and I struck swiftly, paying close attention and not underestimating him." Robotniks facial expression showed his disgust. Getting rid of Sonic was a right reserved for him and him alone.

"So," he said "it seems you've been keeping a close eye on me." Alexander stopped pacing. "Yes, yes I have. I've been learning from you for years now. You could say that your mistakes and successes were my mentor. And now I have the world right where I want it. The President and the Princess of Soleana have already given into my demands. The Princess was a hard shell to crack but she knew without the hero all hopes of resistance was lost. But I'm still having some trouble, nothing I can't handle but it could be easier than it already is. It would seem G.U.N. is ruthlessly still fighting back, as futile as it is they refuse to give up. A minor nuisance but I'm running on a tight schedule and if they continue to slow me down my small window of opportunity might be gone."

Robotnik laughed. "And so you want me and my Eggman Army to assist you in taking G.U.N. down as fast as possible and we can rule the world?" Alexander smiled. "Well to put bluntly, yes. Your army would be of great assistance to my cause, or should I say our cause? Think about it Doctor, the world could be ours." The Doctor hesitated, then replied. "That's a very tempting offer, Alexander, very tempting indeed. But unfortunately for you I've been at this long enough to know any attempt to join forces to take anything over is a mere ruse. You plan to use me for your cause and when the time comes you'll see to it that I too am disposed of. Sorry kid but I'm not that naive. You'd do better killing me off now before I make trouble for you later on down the road."

Alexander rubbed his forehead in disappointment. "I'm afraid you're right Doctor, but I was hoping it wouldn't come to this. I'm afraid I'll have to do just that. You're execution will be one hour. My apologies. It was a pleasure to meet you Dr. Robotnik." And with that, Alexander and the two soldiers he had entered with had left. Leaving Eggman and the guard in the room till his time comes.

Last edited:
"Say there," Robotnik said to the soldier, "you wouldn't mind giving me someone to chat with for my last hour of life, would you?" The soldier was surprised by his calmness. "I don't suppose. It's the least I can do old timer." Robotnik sighed and looked down. "All my life the only thing I have ever known is robotics. I surrounded myself in things of my own creations that obeyed my every whim, without souls of their own. Do you think I was trying to make up for the fact that I was never really able to get close to anyone? I had to build things to interact with. How does that sound to you?" The soldier shrugged. "I dunno, sounds like you have trust issues to me."

Robotnik felt around his wrist with his hands as a evil smirk came across his face. "Trust issues? You may be right. That sounds like the problem to me. Do you know why I might have had problems trusting people?" The soldier didn't know what to say. "I guess you were lied to a lot before or something? I'm not really all that good at this therapy business so I couldn't tell ya." Robotnik shook his head. "No no, I don't think that is it. I never had a problem with people lying to me, at least not intentionally. People make mistakes too often. They promise one thing, and try as they might, they can't live up to it. Robots and computers on the other hand, they know exactly what they are and are not capable of. They can look at a situation and scan the probability for their prefered outcome and tell you the chance they have at succeeding. Their calculation helps them make little to no mistakes what so ever. Humans are proned to mistakes and miscalculations. Like you. You made the mistake of not patting me down when you captured me to make sure I didn't have anything on me."

"...Wait what!?" the soldier asked in a panicked manner. Suddenly, a thin metal tentacle shot out from a wrist device on Eggmans arm. It jabbed into the soldiers neck and began to send electricity coursing through his body. While the soldier was struggling to keep on his feet, the doctor exclaimed with a horribly evil grin on his face, "You see, dear boy, to be blunt, to be human is error." The soldier then fell to the ground. "Fool, that Alexander will learn not to put so much faith in humans." He said while the tentacle device cut through the ropes. The now freed Eggman raised his wrist to his face and spoke into it. "Ergo! This is your master! We have an emergency of the utmost aptitude! Prepare me for immediate evacuation, then prepare for war!"

"My coordinates should be tracked by this device. Now gather my largest group of Egg Gunners (the white robots from Sonic 2006) and get me out of here!"

Ergo, Eggmans assistant he built not too long ago recieved this message. The sound of Dr. Robotniks voiced boomed throughout the control room of the Egg Carrier. "Yes sir! Might I say we were beginning to wonder where you have been the past few days sir. We would have checked your location sooner had it not been for your transceiver being deactivated and the constant attacks we have been getting from the new Order troops sir." Robotniks voice once again began to echo throughout the control room. "We'll have time to discuss such matters at a later time! I have one hour till the guards return to this cell to see to it that I am executed! GET MOVING ERGO!"

Ergo frantically began typing on the keyboard in front of him. "My apologies sir I was not aware of the current situation! Egg Carrier now en route to your current location. ETA in less than five minutes. Given the importance of the situation would you wish for me to release the BH-04 with the Egg Gunner infantry sir?" Eggman shook his head. "Only if it is absolutely needed. There are still some bugs to work out from Black Heart 4's programming from last time. Just concentrate on getting me out of here!"

The Egg Carrier was welcomed with a barrage of missile and torrent gun fire. Most were avoided or destroyed by the Egg Carriers defense system, but the Carrier was still taking heavy damage fast. "All Egg Gunners transport to the hangar and prepare for drop." Ergos voice said over the loud speakers throughout the interior of the Egg Carrier.

The Egg Gunners were dropped at their destined point right outside of the Order base. Eight platoons were sent to the immediate area to infiltrate the base. Three platoons to clear the area leading to the entrance of the base, and three platoons to cover the two platoons that would be sent in to rescue Dr. Robotnik. Another large amount of platoons were dropped a little further away to cover the eight platoons from a distance and make sure none of the Order troops would attack them from behind. The situation is critical and they could not afford to mess up. But they were designed not to.

As the various platoons of Egg Gunners cover the area, the eight platoons that were advancing to the base were having a large amount of difficulty handling the Order troops. Though they were human, their armor was incredibly durable. Tough enough to handle several shots from the Egg Gunners machine gun rounds. Also the Order troops showed a display of abilities the Egg Gunners processing found to be impossible in the realm of human capabilities. As the Gunners advanced, the scanned each and every foes movements and recording them. The information was being monitored by the central computer of the Carrier. Ergo was looking over the battle with intrigue.

As they neared the base, several Gunners were destroyed. But the remaining Gunners of the eight platoons were able to fight of the troops and advance further. Once they reached the base they blasted their way inside and proceeded forward. "One basement level detected and several floors above. Master Robotnik is in the singular basement level." reported an Egg Gunner to Ergo via com link. "Scanning shows several life forms blocking quickest route to the room where Dr. Eggman is being held. There are several other routes that would lead us there. Taking these routes may lead to a prolonged amount of time till the Masters rescue. What is our recommended COA?"

Ergo quickly scanned the structure once more and calculated the best coarse of action. "We cannot risk having the Master stay there any longer than we have to. The situation calls for a straight offensive measure. Proceed to the quickest route and neutralize all threats or obstacles." The Egg Gunners saluted in unison, and charged through the hallways.

Eggman was pacing the room. The cell he was in was sound-proof, but he could feel the rumble and vibrations from the explosions outside. "What's taking those fools so long!?" He asked himself. He then raised the wrist device up to his face. "Ergo! Can you read me? Where in the world are those..." Just then the doors slid open as two soldiers charged in and held Robotnik at gunpoint. "Looks like your execution's goin' to have to be moved to an earlier time old man!" Eggman scoffed at the two. "You're not sore about my friends outside are you?"

The soldiers tensed up, ready to fire. Suddenly there was the loud noise of machine gun fire. The soldier fell to the ground, no longer moving. "Well, you'll get over it I'm sure." Eggman added on. He stepped over the bodies of the soldiers to meet his small group of Egg Gunners entering the cell. "Where in the world have you been?" he asked them. One of the gunners started to explain the difficulty of the situation outside, but was interrupted by his master. "Explain later. We best escape while we can." He then left with his Egg Gunner platoon surrounding him on all sides.

"Atika Romero here at Station Square City Hall, where the President has issued a meeting upon his decision he made just days ago in reaction to the Order's leader Alexander's demands. As we have reported earlier on in the week that the President has infact given into the demands of the Order and will hand over reign of this country to Alexander. As I speak the President is entering the room..."

"As you know, we have been given a choice by the Order to either continue fighting, or live under their rule. I'm here to confirm the fact that I have indeed decided to choose the latter. This, obviously, is very upsetting. But please understand that as President I must do what's best for this country I lead. I could not bear to witness more mindless destruction and slaughter of my people knowing that I could have stopped such a thing. the Order has agreed that they will hold up to their end of our agreement and while in control they will not let any harm come to the people. They have told me that while things may change, they will attempt to keep peace amoungst this land. I know this may seem like the worst of decisions. I know some of you feel as if this is some injustice. But I ask, I beg of you. Do not bare arms against the Order. Though they may have caused destruction to some of our major cities, the chaos will end with their rule. So, without further adue, I have the... the honor... of introducing our new leader. Please, stand and pay respects to Mr. Alexander."

"Turn it off Ergo," said Robotnik with a disgusted look on his face. "I've seen enough." Robotnik was standing infront of his command chair and was looking upon the huge screen in the front of the command room. When it deactivated, the night sky could be seen as they soared forth into the sky. The room, though mostly intact and funtional, was partially in a mess. It was nothing compared to the rest of the Egg Carrier. They had barely escaped from the Order base Dr. Eggman was being held at.

Eggman sat in his chair. A sigh came from his mouth as he looked very tired. He looked down, wondering what his next move should be. "Do you wish to hear the current statistics of our situation since the battle, Doctor?" Asked Ergo. The small robot was connected to the desk before Eggman, and had his hands placed together humbley awaiting the Doctors reply. "...Go ahead." Robotnik said hesitantlyl, knowing he was not going to like what he was about to hear.

"The Egg Carrier, though still functional, is in desprate need of repairs. Damage to the main and secondary engines has resulted in the use of our back-up thrusters. Our navigational systems are down, we have concequently reverted to basic means of map based navigations. Our defense system is operational, though damage to the system is substantial and will not hold against another attack for long. Damage to the hull in the lower deck has left many of our supplies and equipment scattered at the ground below. Our tracker system is down therefor we are blind to any possible enemies persuing us at the moment. Communications devices are still up and running and seem to be working without error. The battle has left us greatly reduced in our Egg Gunner infantry units. As of now only eleven units are still functional, with an additional five being repaired as we speak." Robotnik once again sighed. "Anything else Ergo?" Ergo then gave a nervous look to Robotnik. "I'm affraid so, Doctor. The new only gets worse as of our current situation outside of the Egg Carrier." Robtonik gave a quick glance at the robot. "WHAT!?"

"Before our orders to rescue you, we were auto-issued from our self-defense programming to fight off from the attacks we have been recieving from the Order. While you were captured, the Order has been ruthlessly attacking several of your bases across the world. From your recent ones to the facilities that you have shut down for some time. It would seem that Alexander's strategy was to make sure to stop any retalliation from you before hand."

Robotnik, becoming increasingly furious, rose his hand to strike Ergo out of anger. Ergo braced himself. "But not all is lost, Doctor!" Eggman stopped himself. "Go on..." Ergo positioned out of the braced stance. "It would seem that he has failed to locate all of your bases, Doctor. Fate would have it that some are still in the same condition you had left them. It would be wise for us to use this to our advantage and gather still functional technology and equipment if we are to retaliate. The nearest base from this location is your mining base you had used when dealing with Black Doom and the Black Arms. Though it had been attacked, previous scans from before your rescue shows that some equipment has yet to be destroyed within the facility. It would be wise to check the base for anything that could be of use, and it being the nearest of your bases it would be advised to begin navigating towards the mining base for repairs to the Egg Carrier. The back-up thrusters will not keep us airborne much longer. This, of coarse, is merely a suggestion, Doctor." Robotnik relaxed. A smile came across his face as a plan formulated in his mind. Very good, Ergo. Set a corse for the mining facility. I think it's time we set things in motion. Very soon I shall teach that runt to never mess with the great and powerful DR. ROBOTNIK!!!"

Back