Sakurai's Swan Song?

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
So, we all know that Sakurai is an amazing producer, but he won't be around forever. Many people are thinking that this will be his last SmashBros, for a number of reasons:
1. He wants this game to be perfect.
2. A number of delays, fortifying argument #1.
3. He is really trying to get the Smash Bros name beyond Nintendo players (the Dojo).
4. He will be set for life after this game is released.

It saddens me to write number 4. While we like to think that people love to make games, we can't assume that that is the case. He may just be in it for the money.

Anyway, who do you think will make the next Smash Bros title? If it isn't Sakurai, how will the series be affected? Will it be a disappointment when compared to other SmashBros games?

Lol Microsoft...(JK)

NEW CHALLENGER

Master%20Chief.jpg

LevesqueIsKing said:
So, we all know that Sakurai is an amazing producer, but he won't be around forever. Many people are thinking that this will be his last SmashBros, for a number of reasons:
1. He wants this game to be perfect.
2. A number of delays, fortifying argument #1.
3. He is really trying to get the Smash Bros name beyond Nintendo players (the Dojo).
4. He will be set for life after this game is released.

It saddens me to write number 4. While we like to think that people love to make games, we can't assume that that is the case. He may just be in it for the money.

Anyway, who do you think will make the next Smash Bros title? If it isn't Sakurai, how will the series be affected? Will it be a disappointment when compared to other SmashBros games?
The money and the enjoyment factors I think tie together, not just one or the other.

To add on to your points, which I agree with, I think that he's trying to majorly open this franchise up to 3rd-parties (and just expand it period) possibly for future successors so that they have more options and flexibility.

^^ That's a stretch, but you never know.

It's going to expand, and I hate that idea.

He must have a great job though, and pay is more than satisfying, can't blame him for stopping whilst he's at the top...

Well, no doubt money is at least 50% of the reason for doing this. The game has a chance of being the most sold game. EVER.

I KNOW I'm going to be ridiculed for this idea, but I'l say it anyways.

I'd love to see a real-time "Super Smash Bros: RPG". With a long, complicated, complex and varied storyline, with extended adventures through the myriads of worlds represented by Nintendo and it's friends.

I know that Smash Bros. is a fighting game, and I love it. I would still like there to be another Smash Bros. Fighting game, though I don't know how they'll top Brawl.

But I'd also like to see spin-offs, and an RPG, to more fully delve into Nintendo & Co. nostalgia of Video-games past and present, would rock my world.

Druidan said:

I'd love to see a real-time "Super Smash Bros: RPG". With a long, complicated, complex and varied storyline, with extended adventures through the myriads of worlds represented by Nintendo and it's friends.

I know that Smash Bros. is a fighting game, and I love it. I would still like there to be another Smash Bros. Fighting game, though I don't know how they'll top Brawl.

But I'd also like to see spin-offs, and an RPG, to more fully delve into Nintendo & Co. nostalgia of Video-games past and present, would rock my world.
I would play a Super Smash Bros. RPG. Say, Mass Effect, but instead of barren wasteland planets, the worlds of Super Smash Bros!

Yeah...

i don't think so, i think it will be up to Nintendo, and how much money they will pay him to see if he comes back or not.
EDIT Now when Miyamoto finally leaves, for real this time, then it will suck.

Wii-Fi said:
i don't think so, i think it will be up to Nintendo, and how much money they will pay him to see if he comes back or not.
EDIT Now when Miyamoto finally leaves, for real this time, then it will suck.

whaaaat? did you hear something about him leaving? i dunno, i think miyamoto would make sure the company wsa in the direction he wanted it to go in.

also, i dont think money has to do with sakurai quitting. i think he's gonna say is this it? is this all i can do ? what can we add? and if theres enough he can add he'll make another. who knows, maybe by the time brawl gets old the wii will have a hard drive, and they could just release updates like characters and modes through the 'net.

Everyone involved in the gaming industry is definitely in it for the money first, some more than others. The love for games is definitely there as well, but the payment for their work is definitely their main priority.

Byuakuya said:
Everyone involved in the gaming industry is definitely in it for the money first, some more than others. The love for games is definitely there as well, but the payment for their work is definitely their main priority.

Really? I would have thought perhaps the CEOs of multi national companies would have been in it for the money first. Games on the other hand one could be compare to more of an art form. (I know that's drawing a very long bow). Many musicians ect are not in it for the money, Sakurai could be one of those people.

If this were to be his last something tells me Nintendo would keep him on for the next project but bring someone in his place that could work with Sakurai and learn how everything works. He could be trained up and then they could hand it off. At least that's how I would do it. You don't want to pull in a total noob. Or, there may be someone working under Sakurai that would surely take his place that has been around for a long while. Sakurai is not the only one making this game. Even if he leaves his team will remain.

Druidan said:

It wouldn't sell as much as normal SSB, and people would raise a huge fit over the matter, but I would buy it.

^Seconded.

Smashboards would surely go up in flames, but it sounds like a tremendous idea to me.

Back