Screen Blackouts with HDMI

MMegaTron

WiiChat Member
Mar 20, 2011
Worcestershire, UK
Hi guys,

I'm posting on this forum as I've been having an annoying problem for a while now. The problem only started when I bought a component cable and wasnt happening on my old scart. While I'm playing, usually during times of intense cpu/gpu activity the screen will cut out for a couple of seconds and turn picth black, and the audio will stutter, while the game keeps playing normally underneath. I know the games are working because I've died on mario and fallen to last position in races while this has been happening. I'm guessing this is a graphics card problem because there are other reports of these issues from poc users using ATI graphics cards. If indeed it is, whether its a software or hardware issue is another matter though. Has anybody got any suggestions as to what the problem is, and possible solutions?

Thanks very much

Jack :papermario:

I'm a little confused. Are you using component cables or HDMI?

If it is HDMI, I have had similar problems, but it is due to my television, not the console. I believe it is caused by the upcoversion on some receivers/televisions.

If it is component you are using, I suspect you may have some defective cables.

Hi mate, thanks for your reply. Yeah, sorry I've been confusing myself here. It's component, was just thinking HDMI because its HD (albeit low res). I've got an official Nintendo component cable and wouldn't have thought it was that, but I think it's definatley worth a try swapping. Has anybody else had any similar problems they have solved?

Back