SD Card questions

nxcmp said:
Any SD will do really. As long as it is formated (partitioned) correctly. FAT32 would be best. :yesnod:

Not quite true..i have a 2gb veho that does not work and a 2gb minisd that also does not work, so not all cards work in the wii.

rob585 said:
Not quite true..i have a 2gb veho that does not work and a 2gb minisd that also does not work, so not all cards work in the wii.

I have a Micro (With an adapter) works fine. Now if you try to use a 4-8 Gig SD for example, no that will not work. I have tried, SD, MiniSD, MicroSD, several different brands, and transfer rates. Even if you got the 2Gig veho, did you try to format it yourself? Or did you just try putting it in and go ?

Yeah, the Wii does not support SDHC. Let's pray Nintendo can fix that goof-up too with a firmware update. More likely though, it'll be in the "Wii Plus[1]" edition:

- 2GB internal memory
- DVD support
- better cooling
- wireless nunchuk included
- available in 24 assorted fruit flavors

[1]: I'm making this up.

nxcmp said:
I have a Micro (With an adapter) works fine. Now if you try to use a 4-8 Gig SD for example, no that will not work. I have tried, SD, MiniSD, MicroSD, several different brands, and transfer rates. Even if you got the 2Gig veho, did you try to format it yourself? Or did you just try putting it in and go ?

Fat 32 formatted on PC.....can you format it on the Wii??

Back